Battles @ Button Factory 19th Nov 2011 (1 Viewer)

what about people who also never been to primavera, ilked the first album, only really know ice cream and like that and also promise not to leave the country after two songs?

I need a new battles t-shirt so I might go to this.

the last time I saw yer man was at the silver jews gig up on the balcony in whelans with the big mop of head on him.

so far not impressed with the new album at all

has yer man leaving them made much a difference to the live show?

Yes. And not in a good way. I dunno, the tracks just don't seem to go anywhere anymore. There's definitely something missing. Despite how great they are at looping, and playing multiple instruments at the same time, the sound just seems a little empty or something.

That said, the live version of Wall Street is fucking unreal!!!!! The whole droney pitched down guitar thing is gorgeous

I hated him live. I just couldn't stand the way he moved his arms when he was singing.

good interview with Battles on the Guardian Music Weekly podcast there recently. says they had to take me man off the album when he left
and rewrite the bits and pieces he featured on - didnt want to release the album with him on it and then tour without him. also say that they'll attempt to play the songs of Mirrored once they've nailed the songs on Gloss Drop live.

ah but dya remember the whelans gig.

hmmmm didn't make primavera this year so I suppose I better go to this gig and form my own opinion on post yer man battles.

That vicar st gig was FULL of dicks. Vicar st and Primavera are the only times I've seen them and not walked away with my mind blown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back