Bands wanted for non-profit comp (1 Viewer)

It Will Never Last

I do this all the time, so its pimping time for reckless...

Jetplane Landing-run label Smalltown America are looking for submissions for the next release in their non-profit series Public Service Broadcast. Neither bands nor the label make a penny form the sale of PSB, with all profits going into funding subsequest releases in the series.

Irish acts who've featured to date include:

The Dudley Corporation
Waiting Room
Yakuza
Fighting With Wire
The Betes Noires
Throat

and the forthcoming release PSB #6 will feature:

The Debonaires
Halite

There's been some good shit on the CDs to date, like The Go! Team, Querelle, Ivory Springer, Distophia, Fickle Public, We Will Be Pilots and Tara Jane O'Neil.

Details available here. Go on, you know you want to.

have to agree there...but i still think the event sounds interesting, if i were in a band, i'd wanna try it

Can you explain exactly how the submission process works here? Does any band making a submission go on the comp, or are the tracks chosen according to some individual's taste or something?

No bother Corm.

There's usually a load of submissions, more than can fit on one comp. So its a best of, decided by label staff (namely JPL's Andrew Ferris, and promoter/web journo/DJ Ash Pocock) and a number of mates. Style counts for nothing, quality counts for everything. Them's my words, not STA's by the way. Hate me, not the label...;)

Naturally, there's a general sound emerging from the previous 5 releases (and #6 is due out the end of this month) but thats a result of the bands and artists attracted to date, not an editorial policy (that the right choice of words?:confused: ) All submissions will be given a fair hearing.

Here's a list of who has featured to date.

Here's what STA say about themselves.

By the way, I'm just another friend of the enterprise, as a fan and mate of Jetplane Landing. Gnome sane?

B00005JO3P.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Cormcolash said:
Are you trying to say you fancy me?

Cheers for the info recklessone.

Well I wasn't trying to say anything other than what I literally said but if I had been trying to imply something surely it would've been more a case of saying that recklessone was sexy but even at that it would be more relaistic to say that recklessone wants to be thought of as sexy, rather than implying that he is sexy. But I've really no opinion on the matter nor do I care for one.

Hope that's clear.

I liked Quincy coz he wasn't overly confident and macho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back