Bands I'd like to see (1 Viewer)

herv (16 Apr, 2002 07:41 a.m.):
nine (15 Apr, 2002 07:33 p.m.):
Autechre (sighs,trying to hold it together) ,Autechre.

actually, one wonders how "good" autechre would be live these days. the best electronic outfit i ever saw live were either plaid (when they had loads of gear on stage and not just two laptops) or phoenecia (fucking excellent. i'd love to see them again.)

Yes,i seen plaid about a month ago and they were great.However,i don't think they can possibly stand up to autechre.Herv,are you one of those who winced when you heard confield?

rothko (16 Apr, 2002 01:55 p.m.):
The Cramps ( Off The Bone era )
The Make Up
Carcass

I missed Carcass when they played here back in 1986/87(?) with Bolt Thrower, but i saw them a few years later and they were fucking awesome.

Just spotted this on the Earache site:
Title: CARCASS - WAKE UP AND SMELL THE CARCASS DVD
Cat. no.: MOSH247DVD
Release date: 28th May 2001

Promo videos

Corporal Jigsore Quandary
Heartwork
Keep On Rotting In The Free World
Incarnated Solvent Abuse
No Love Lost

'Gods Of Grind' Recorded Live From The London Astoria 1992

Inpropagation
Corporal Jigsore Quandary
Reek Of Putrefaction
Pedigree Butchery
Incarnated Solvent Abuse
Carneous Cacoffiny
Lavaging Expectorate Of Lysergide Composition
Exhume To Consume
Tools Of The Trade
Ruptured In Purulence

'Grindcrusher' Recorded Live From Nottingham Rock City 1989

Genital Grinder II
Exhume To Consume
Excoriating Abdominal Emanation
Ruptured In Purulence
Empathological Necroticism
Embryonic Necropsy And Devourment
Reek Of Putrefaction

'Wake Up And Smell The Carcass' is a simple story of a band's musical progression - under produced, gore soaked beginnings, mutation into technical death metal heroes and finally glossy but harshly aggressive melodic Metal masters. Containing two live shows, one from 1989 at Nottingham's Rock City, the other from 1992's London Astoria Gods Of Grind gig, the footage is displayed in all itís raw glory.

The latter 'Gods of Grind' gig presents a slightly more polished version of the band ripping through standards such as "Corporal Jigsore Quandary" and "Incarnated Solvent Abuse", this time bolstered by the addition of anglo-Swede Michael Amott on guitar.

The promo videos cover all eras of Carcass - videos for "Heartwork" and "No Love Lost" are mega-budget affairs, and proved that they all blood and guts......

Available to buy from the 28th May on the Earache Webstore

re. carcass

Masters of Metal indeed
but what?
No "Crepitating Bowel Erosion"
on that Day-VD?

I missed that gig too

(eh, obviously as this is the Band's I'd Like To See thread)

nine (16 Apr, 2002 02:05 p.m.):

actually, one wonders how "good" autechre would be live these days. the best electronic outfit i ever saw live were either plaid (when they had loads of gear on stage and not just two laptops) or phoenecia (fucking excellent. i'd love to see them again.)

Yes,i seen plaid about a month ago and they were great.However,i don't think they can possibly stand up to autechre.Herv,are you one of those who winced when you heard confield?

well, i wouldn't say winced exactly, i thought it was ok, but not a patch on lp5 and down again from ep7. theres a few good ideas in there, but nothing as radically different as lp5. loosing their touch one wonders?

i winced and quite nearly puked - electro-wank
i really like amber, chiastic slide and incunabula but the later stuff is really hard to listen to. just an opinion like.

Was that the Symphonies of Sickness tour? Supposed to be a legendary gig. If I remember rightly, Bolt Thrower played here again with Asphyxia (who became Morphosis) and T.I.T., and Carcass played with Doomsgame (worst band EVER) and Richard the Third. Carcass was deadly, watching Bill Steer burping his lyrics was great. Bolt Thrower on the other hand.....got postponed, and me and my friend were stuck waiting for our bus for hours.

Burgerbarbaby (17 Apr, 2002 12:22 p.m.):
Was that the Symphonies of Sickness tour? Supposed to be a legendary gig. If I remember rightly, Bolt Thrower played here again with Asphyxia (who became Morphosis) and T.I.T., and Carcass played with Doomsgame (worst band EVER) and Richard the Third. Carcass was deadly, watching Bill Steer burping his lyrics was great. Bolt Thrower on the other hand.....got postponed, and me and my friend were stuck waiting for our bus for hours.

Yeaahhh bolt thrower played with asphyxia.... bolt thrower were funded by the UK government, weren't they?.... starting their own business, or a YTS scheme or something like that. ahhh t.i.t. ... "testicles in torment"... i saw that band too many times. too. many. times.

Do you remember that Richard The Third video that got made & shown on The Beatbox? jesus.

World Eater

And and and they were funded also with some kinda deal with Games Workshop too, which I thought was the height of coolness at the time, not so sure now.
But Realm Of Chaos is the heaviest. Ever. And it has a great cover.

Ahhhhhhhhhh.

I have to buy that again. I've lost my crappy tape of it.

herv trouser mouse (17 Apr, 2002 10:17 a.m.):
nine (16 Apr, 2002 02:05 p.m.):

well, i wouldn't say winced exactly, i thought it was ok, but not a patch on lp5 and down again from ep7. theres a few good ideas in there, but nothing as radically different as lp5. loosing their touch one wonders?

I concur herv,but i think confield is a lot better thanit was givne credit for.

snakybus (17 Apr, 2002 03:06 p.m.):
I'd love to have seen the Butthole Surfers live, 'cause they used turn the drummer's cymbals upside down, pour petrol in them and set fire to them. sigh.

*Sob*
the Buttholes were meant to be coming here shortly, but now they're not...
*Sob*

[Bring it on]
I'd love to have seen Zappa, at any point in his career...
[/Bring it on]

Rimbaud (17 Apr, 2002 04:53 p.m.):
snakybus (17 Apr, 2002 03:08 p.m.):
Rimbaud (15 Apr, 2002 09:17 p.m.):
MILES DAVIS+JOHN COLTRANE

They're not "bands", Rimbaud.

And they're dead.

O.K. - THE MILES AND COLTRANE QUINTET - there you go!!

damn..foiled

I'd have liked to have seen Miles Davis with his "Bitches Brew" band, was John McLaughlin in that?

Supposedly he was going to work with Jimi Hendrix at one point, but Jimi kicked the bucket so that kind of made an arse of that plan. But can you imagine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back