Bands and information? (1 Viewer)

brianoak

Ok as you may have read in arts and the lifestyle forum I am putting on an exhibition for graffiti artists in the digital hub.However its costing us a shitload more money than we thought.We dont want to charge in to the exhibition so i was thinking of putting on gig to help with the cost.Its a good cause because it allows some of the artists to get their work recognised and there is no commision or anything like that if they sell their work.Basically I need a bit of information on the situation with booking the voodoo or bohs or similar and also if any bands would like to play at it.Im looking to put it on early april and Oak are going to play and possibly Infidel Castro.So any feedback would be great.Cheers

in early april theres already:
prisoner support gig (well 31st of march but who care)
free gig in the george on 1st april with easpa & estel
crusty fukk fest 8-10 april
easpa goodbye gig 14th april

ie make sure to give yourself "space"

voodoo bookings: toxicpromo AT yahoo DOT com

what about doing the gig at the exhibition ?

yeah I know its real short notice to try and organise this but I could always use the chapel in Dun Laoighre College if its free which it probably will be.the only thing is its a bit shit but if bands set up up on the floor as opposed to the stage it could be ok but I know a few bands played before and hated.If we to do it at the exhibition we could possibly have a donations box so we wouldnt have to charge in but i dont know how down the digital hib would be for having bands play.

there was a big all dayer in the digial hub last year organised by the blackfort heads (sarah and AAA golden whatever on this) and fucking millions of bands played.

scio bong played in the chapel of death and it was indeed shit.

oh yeah,sure il say it to them tommorrow and maybe we could have a gig on one of the nights.cheers for the feedback damien
damien said:
there was a big all dayer in the digial hub last year organised by the blackfort heads (sarah and AAA golden whatever on this) and fucking millions of bands played.

actually i remember that gig.i think it was some anti-valentines thing my friend julie organised.not her fault or the bands,having played in the chapel once or twice it is indeed shit
damien said:

yeah totally, she was sound, its just the worst venue ever and the soundman was dick. got a free beer though, sound.

an aul pint of paulaner was it?ha ha yeah sound engineer is cock alright
damien said:
yeah totally, she was sound, its just the worst venue ever and the soundman was dick. got a free beer though, sound.

damien said:

gis an email or a PM and i'll tell you the story with the digital hub...

declan at blackfort dot org

That Digital Hub event cost about €2,000 to put on. There was a lot of improvising using stuff that was there and we got the lighting for free.

The insurance for the event was about €850 or so. The rig for the main stage cost €500.

damien said:
holy shit.
karatistpreacher1.jpg

AAA Golden Maverick said:
That Digital Hub event cost about €2,000 to put on. There was a lot of improvising using stuff that was there and we got the lighting for free.

The insurance for the event was about €850 or so. The rig for the main stage cost €500.

That said, the graffiti exhibition is a completely different type of event.

11th of April monday in the voodoo.Any bands intersted pm me.I have one or two already but need more to make a night of it.

Eoddy Gorilla said:

theres a website loaded with crap (ie hilarious) album covers somethere from teenage drug addicts, preachers lp's etc, I know this is a stupid question but from that mere info can anyone tell me its link

April 11th

Voodoo Lounge 8 - 11pm

Wreck of the Hespurus (doom) .|..|

Infidel Castro (heavy rock)
+ others yet to confirm

5 euro

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back