Ballroom #93: Joycut (Italy) Friday Nov 27th (1 Viewer)

Unclealo

Uncle Alo
Website
www.thirteenthlock.net
Ballroom #93
Joycut
with
Clockwork Noise
The Walpurgis Family
Pearse McLoughlin

Friday November 27th
The Lower Deck
€10, mp3 compilation with entry

Joycut (Italy)

l_2618c4c8d01cfffee314bcc33b903994.jpg

Joycut hail from Bologna in Italy. Named in reference to Nick Drake and Rodge Waters lyrics they give Britrock/ post punk angst a uniquely Italian spin, adding urgency and energy to melancholy. Recently they have toured with The Editors, and having firmly established themselves at home they are venturing abroad to tour.

http://www.joycut.com/

http://www.myspace.com/joycut

Clockwork Noise

l_ab7854cefca541c1a7509303709a049b.jpg

In 2005 Robert Maguire and Dylan Nolan began work on an idea for a new recording project. The music would be recorded meticulously, but in a lo-fi environment (Rob's bedroom) and would exist only on the recording. They quickly recruited Blathnaid Healy (at the time a member of Better Than Ed) whose violin and cello playing dramatically shaped the direction of the album. Aaron Kennedy of The Drumming Academy completed the line-up and brought bold new ideas to the album's drumming.

The songs were written and recorded in a matter of months and the album, "If I Wanted, I Could" was completed in the summer of 2005 and quietly released online.

Regrouped after a break In 2007, Clockwork Noise began writing new material with a strong picture of the finished product in mind. The strings were incorporated into the songs from the start of the writing process- playing the role of the lead instrument, and the composition of the tracks more focused.

The band's recent 5 track EP "Yes and No and Everything In Between" is the realisation of what was hinted at through the band's first release. It’s a combination of dramatic vocals with cutting lyrics, powerful yet hooky violin lines and smattering of electro drum sounds.

With the notion of limiting themselves to recorded output firmly behind them, the EP, released independently at in the summer of 2009, is a prelude to what Clockwork Noise delivers in a live setting.

http://www.myspace.com/clockworknoise

The Walpurgis Family

l_3bccadcd2cfc42f89c3182074767ea6a.jpg

The Walpurgis Family is the two piece chamber pop group comprised of Jeroen Saegeman (guitar, vocals, Belgium) and Wil McDermott (bass, keys, vocals, Ireland), recieving additional hands from Ruan Lovebeach (drums). The Dublin based Family plays lovely quiet songs about moving to other countries, the shower, the kitchen, public transportation and even about a mysterious island. Some of this stuff is even autobiographical!

http://www.myspace.com/walpurgisfamily

Pearse McLoughlin

l_f0462943889f4f45bca780d5d60483fd.jpg

Pearse McLoughlin is a gifted song writer from Sligo, based in Dublin. In his own words:

"To date, Walkperson has served as the nom de guerre for my songs and the musicians who have played with me. I first played with a group called 'Socialite' in my hometown of Sligo. That was immense fun and I have very fond memories of it. Subsequently, I spent time in France and Montreal, learned French, got hooked on songwriting and recorded a short EP in cold Québec city. My next group was 'Thy Swan Army' in Galway. I took a lot from this band, recorded songs and played some really good gigs. People liked us. The group splintered eventually and members went to work on separate projects (Ghostwood Project, John Terrors) I next lived in London, played with more musicians and gigged the indie scene as Walkperson. Most of the songs I wrote during this period I've let go but there are several I've held on to, of which I'm still proud. Since coming back to Ireland I've recorded and released 'Desired Effect EP' with Andrew Deacon, Ales Bagart and James Yearn. My new solo album 'Busy Whisper' is out now. The songs are somewhere on the indie/folk rock/alternative spectrum but you can decide for yourself. I hope you like them"

"soft-focused, mellow tunes delivered with quietly assured authority" Jim Carroll, The Irish Times

"the softness throughout is punctured by McGloughlin’s strong vision. ....soothingly even throughout with the vocals reigning supreme over the mild acoustics. ‘Long Day’ and especially ‘Changeling’ stick out as obvious singles. The latter is beautifully realised, with instrumentation that in many places rivals the words in the war for your affections" MP3Hugger.com

"beautifully mellow folk based sounds with hints of everything from nick drake to the red house painters. features lots of lovely intricate instrumentation including tons of rustic cello, mandolin, double bass and violin" Road Records

http://www.myspace.com/walkperson

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back