Ballroom #46: Part Chimp (1 Viewer)

Unclealo

Uncle Alo
Website
www.thirteenthlock.net
Some Eirecore peeps might be into this..

Holy Ghost Fathers present..

Ballroom #46 featuring

Part Chimp (UK, Rock Action Records)
Boxes
Lafaro
Inches

Friday 21st of October
The Lower Deck Portobello
€7

Part Chimp

Part Chimp have been described as the best band in the UK. This Glaswegian 4 piece have released 2 albums on Mogwai’s Rock Action label and have played with the likes of the Mogwai, The Melvins, Oneida and Bloc Party.

"THIS IS DISCORDANT GUITAR NOISE AT IT'S BEST" Rock sound

"(THIS) QUARTET'S ONSLAUGHT OF GUITAR NOISE AND HEAVING,STOOGES INSPIRED SLUDGE ROCK IS DEFINITELY NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED" 8/10 NME

“This record is very heavy. Heavier than a brass statue of Blue Cheer falling down a mineshaft. Heavier than all of Hawkwind, The Butthole Surfers and Black Sabbath wearing concrete boots and being sucked into a black hole....Mind-blowing." 4/5 Uncut

http://www.partchimp.com

Boxes:

Boxes is a two piece rock band based in Dublin, Ireland.
Gavin is the singer/guitarist/bassist, Mark is the drummer.
They've been playing for three years and have supported Nomeansno, The Ex, Zu and loads of others.
They are about to release their second album which they recorded in Electrical Audio in Chicago in April 2005. Their first album 'Big ships in the night small boats in the morning' was released in August 2003

http://www.boxesmusic.com

Lafaro

Lafaro make a rare appearance in Dublin as part of their tour with Part Chimp. Having carved out a name for themselves across NI and the UK, this Bangor based 3 piece deliver incendiary rock music which has secured them supports with acts as diverse as Scottish Domino Records favorites SONS AND DAUGHTERS, and Canadian Punk Rock veterans NO MEANS NO.

Inches

Inches is a three-piece band who have formed out of Maersk (currently on haitus). Seeing as this is only their second gig (and their Dublin debut), it's a bit hard to describe what they're like, but they play music that is occasionally like The For Carnation, June of 44, um, Fugazi, Autechre, random noises, drones, mid-'80s stadium rock, and about a million other things.

Tough crowd..

Part Chimp Mp3s Here

A poster..

ballroom%2046eflyer.jpg

:E

I being listening to Shit Splatz today btw...........not the cd with the bird but the crusty type vocalist, cept he is better then crusty (confused by his own sentence actually)

DuncheeKnifed said:
ah, i'm only buzzin'.
this is pretty funny though...
http://www.popupmagazine.pl/no3/covers/nomeansno.jpg

when i went to see nomeansno in the new inn i had no idea who they were so I spent the whole time before they played wondering who the really old dudes wandering about were.... and that was about 16 years ago.

i saw no means no 25th anniversary gig back in april in vancouver, and they played the most rawkin set for 2 and a half hours, they may be old but they can kick the shit outta most bands live.|..| .|..|

pete said:
when i went to see nomeansno in the new inn i had no idea who they were so I spent the whole time before they played wondering who the really old dudes wandering about were.... and that was about 16 years ago.
and what were they like?

pete said:
I was at that,in fact,I used to have a tape of it. I think Not Our World played too.

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
I was at that,in fact,I used to have a tape of it. I think Not Our World played too.
aye.... I think trenchtown played too? and / or a reformed killercrust? been a long time since gigs in the new inn so i think they're all starting to blur together.

i'm sure that sellout mcguirk could confirm this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back