Ballroom #46: Part Chimp (1 Viewer)

I'd say so,he probably has the tape too. Trenchtown sounds right,although we probably got there late. I vaguely remember DI were supposed to play the after or before as well. I was well disapointed about that.

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
I'd say so,he probably has the tape too. Trenchtown sounds right,although we probably got there late. I vaguely remember DI were supposed to play the after or before as well. I was well disapointed about that.

yeah wasn't the DI gig was cancelled because some CRAZY PUNX smashed up a toilet and flooded the place....?

Again, over to macker mcguirk to confirm / deny.

pete said:
aye.... I think trenchtown played too? and / or a reformed killercrust? been a long time since gigs in the new inn so i think they're all starting to blur together.

i'm sure that sellout mcguirk could confirm this.

I got that tape somewhere too. fuckin awesome gig. anyone at snuff in the new inn?

I think the first snuff gig in dublin was supporting the instgators in mcgonacles in 1988, Im pretty sure they played in belfast that time too

u:m said:
I think the first snuff gig in dublin was supporting the instgators in mcgonacles in 1988, Im pretty sure they played in belfast that time too
i saw the instigators in mcgonagles in 88 but i don't remember snuff... am guessing they played there more than once...

I remember Snuff were supposed to play with Fugazi at one point but they cancelled. Snuff with Instigators does sound right. Instigators played a couple of times,killer live band.

pete said:
i saw the instigators in mcgonagles in 88 but i don't remember snuff... am guessing they played there more than once...

yeah, they came to ireland twice that year. there was loads of awesome sunday afternoon gigs in mcgonagles within a short amount of time, joyce mckinney expierience, doom, bolt thrower, victims family, concrete sox...
I always thought it was a shame that heresy never made it over

hi eirecore peeps

if any of you are going to this gig, the first band on is called inches

they have two drummers and they're cool

i know they're cool because i'm their bass player

so... get there early

I have`nt heard most of these bands, and i`m not a Rock Action records fan either...but that doesnawt matter.
Go.Even if its to see Lafaro!!!!!They fuckin kill live.They`d be headlining if i had my evil way.
Anh hell the other bands could be great too!What else are you gonna do..watch tv, sit in a boring pub?

Punk rock.

yes. go and see Part Chimp. I was surprised at how heavy they were. They were so punishing that someone shit themselves....literally... we could all smell it... I hope it wasn't you Cormac!

on a more serious note - I was a bit dissapointed in LaFaro. Whilst I dig a few of their tunes, they seemed to play for, like, an hour - thus eating in to Part Chimp's set. I saw the set times on the door - PC supposed to be on at 11.30. they didn't come on until near midnight. Quite a few people left by then... shame.
I've seen this sort of thing before - local bands hogging the stage and then the touring band get shunted to the very end of the night and play to a reduced and tired audience.
I've actually missed manys a touring band because I've been wrecked and had to go home before the main band come on so as I can actually try and get up on time for work..
give up my job I hear you say!
better still - I'm forming an action group - RAHOLB... rockers against habitually overplaying local bands. whos with me!!

Haha yeah someone definitely must have shit themselves, that smell was fucking horrible! Wasn't me thankfully.
LaFaro did do a bit of the old overplay last night, they did go on for a bit. In saying that I thought they were brilliant last night in that I think it's probably the best gig I've seen them play. They just need to watch how long they play for in future. In fairness I think a few people left when Part Chimp started playing because they realised Part Chimp weren't some shit indie band but were crushingly loud instead. Fuckin right.
I'm in total agreement with Joe about the habitual overplaying! Still Part Chimps last song lasted about 20 minutes and I didn't notice...

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
I remember Snuff were supposed to play with Fugazi at one point but they cancelled. Snuff with Instigators does sound right. Instigators played a couple of times,killer live band.

Fugazi/Strontium Dog/Snuff - Friday 24th November 1989.
Snuff/Wat Tyler/Strontium Dog - Friday 17th August 1990.

I have one of the Instigator posters kicking around somewhere as well. I'm sure that at least one of the times they played here was in '89 rather than '88.

mac warzonescum said:
Fugazi/Strontium Dog/Snuff - Friday 24th November 1989.
Snuff/Wat Tyler/Strontium Dog - Friday 17th August 1990.

I have one of the Instigator posters kicking around somewhere as well. I'm sure that at least one of the times they played here was in '89 rather than '88.

Self-quote time: dear Ghod, I just realised how old these make me look, and how scary they must be for kids just getting into the scene. Me talking about these gigs in 2005 is like if some of the old punks were talking about gigs which happened in 1973 whilst I got into the whole hardcore malarky in 1989...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back