Ballroom #41 - (1 Viewer)

I :heart: Gav

trash_profils_cobra_commander.jpg

(a) the clap were great, if only for 'one race' and the he-man theme tune.
clap.JPG

(b) moloch in tyrol were damn tasty. pretty haunting vocals. wore a bit thin towards the end, but you could see there was something there.
moloch.JPG

(c) e+s=b. didn't really seem on top form. played for what seemed like ten minutes. nice new masks though.
esb.JPG

(d) (retards). the guitar died pretty early on, so most of the set was done with bass. we had buckets of fun anyway. quote of the night:
mr. a "jesus, they were the second worst band i've ever seen"
mr. b "who were the worst?"
mr. a "weapons of mass destruction, and i saw them here too"
ret2.JPG

cheers to those that came up from hot snakes!

The Clap: Still laughing at their own jokes (very few comedians can get away with that) Uncomfortable mix of gag songs and serious efforts. They're clearly in a state of becoming. (I wonder what?)

Moloch in Tyrol: Overjoyed to drum for these guys - best stuff I've heard in ages. After a week of rehearsals (and a year+ away from a drumkit) I think I was a little unprepared, hope I didn't let the side down too much. Rocking good fun.

E+S=B: This blew me away. Totally organic hypno rock heaven.

(Retards): I really liked lots of the elements of this set but it didn't all add up to more than the sum of it's parts for me. Loved the sounds and the rhythms, the noise samples and shouty vocals made me think of Whitehouse. The costumes made me expect something a lot more retarded ;) !!!

The Clap very funny indeed. Moloch in tyrol better than I had expected from seeing them before, it's weird, last time I saw them I thought they were the worst band ever, now I'm not so sure. missed e+s=b. Retards, sinister, what frequency was that tone at that literally shook every bone in your body?

i thought the clap were cool. they should have played one race at least on more time though.

thought moloch in tyrol were really really special. great stuff i really got into it. didn't "wear thin" for me at all
isn't lig me beic as gramatically incorrect, though? ;)

thought esb were fairly meh, but nice just the same.

thought (retards) were not on form. bit of a shambles. but in a fun fun noisey way.

das nugs said:
isn't lig me beic as gramatically incorrect, though? ;)

yes. but irish isn't a strong point with us. i think 'ligim beic as' is how it should read. maybe that's not correct either!?

Moloch didn't wear thin at all for me.
On the contrary I thought the singer noticeably loosened up for the last three songs, She seemed to be tensing up her throat up until then which hampered her dynamics and intonation slightly. If she was nervous there was no need to be; She kicks ass and that band aren't going to let her down.

I didn't get full E+S=B satisfaction which I demand to get at lazybird tonight.
They stopped just when Adrienne was finally about to play her synth drums.
'twas good but nowhere near their lofty standards. Some nasty little patterns from Dave on drums.

The Retards were good craic. "Scene Whore" should be blasted through the PA at the beginning an end of every gig in Whelans + The Village. Idealy scenesters should be forced to listen to it alone in a dark room and think long and hard about their lives.
I'd never seen them before but they're obviously on the right track:

mr. a "jesus, they were the second worst band i've ever seen"
mr. b "who were the worst?"
mr. a "weapons of mass destruction, and i saw them here too"

I think ye now have something to aim for lads!

Bad Ballroom! oh Bad ballroom, do it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back