Ballroom #28 Fri April 30th (1 Viewer)

plus we'll be playing a totally (well almost) new set

hgf-gig.gif

NPB Rock! I saw them a couple o weeks ago in Whelans, I call it 'Trucker Rock', although the singer resembles Liam O' something in Irish, from Hot house flowers. really Good band .|..| on

nobody mentioned the nice photo yet. :( vectorial elevation, i'm guessing?

so who has tried to light up the spire in hopes that it'll dazzle all the drivers & pedestrians? i have.

enchance said:
nobody mentioned the nice photo yet. :( vectorial elevation, i'm guessing?

so who has tried to light up the spire in hopes that it'll dazzle all the drivers & pedestrians? i have.

That's a pic of the spire lights that Phil HGF took from the roof garden above his fat in Temple Bar.

I don't think anyone's questioned that though, have they?

they organise the thing like

anthony's just a bit slow. joke!!! ;) ballroom is a deadly club, it's totally brilliant. i don't think anyone said anything to imply it wasn't. duh like.

Great show Friday night. Fair play to HGF and NPB! I missed the others due to unavoidable Fridayness... Picked up a copy of the HGF single - really good but I especially loved the hidden track at the end - ear candy!
BTW - was that an entirely new set?

Dwight said:
Great show Friday night. Fair play to HGF and NPB! I missed the others due to unavoidable Fridayness... Picked up a copy of the HGF single - really good but I especially loved the hidden track at the end - ear candy!
BTW - was that an entirely new set?

Cheers Dwight, the set was all new except for the last track. I felt (and looked I reckon) very shakey playing songs live for the first time :eek: .

Gotta be honest, the sound is ropey enough in the ballroom. For example during the HGF the other night the red guitar was clearly too loud and bass too quiet and a quick glance to the sound desk and yer man is either just not there or chattin.

just sayin

Unclealo said:
Cheers Dwight, the set was all new except for the last track. I felt (and looked I reckon) very shakey playing songs live for the first time :eek: .

Well it was my first time seeing you guys and I thought ye seemed perfectly confident. Just saw the flier there about the new set - I'd never have guessed! I'd have to agree about the sound being a bit off for your set. It wasn't atrocious by a long chalk but there was (ball)room for improvement. It was grand for the NPB though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back