Ballroom #28 Fri April 30th (2 Viewers)

i do think it's a bit weird when people over-play their own clubs, that's the point i was trying to make... and i admitted i was totally guilty of the same thing. i'm not an asshole for thinking this though, i'm sure of that.

peace,

andrew.

Latex lizzie said:
If I owned a club I'd play every night. Dressed as a bear sometimes.
is it not like making people watch you wank to some degree? what it says is "i think my band is great. so great, we're going to play this club more than any other band will... and i'm going to abuse the position i'm in the make sure it happens... fuck all y'all..." i am guilty of the same thing, i'm just trying to discuss!

I think (this is just me) It would be o.k to play a club as many times as you want to..if the crowd keeps comming well and good.I dont know that you would be saying "my band is better than everone elses" what if you had a nice theme tune that the crowd could sing along too.That would be cool.

ah heck, doesn't matter in anyways. i guess DF won't be playing the ballroom again now ;) like you know the way thomas dunning plays hoot all the time? that's kinda different, he plays with different people all the time and he's responsible for the theme and he's a 'host'... i dunno, chances are i'm talking out my anus again in anyways.

lmd64 said:
Jools Holland, you're a total asshole.

(:)D))
he's more of a thomas than a HGF... he hosts the show and plays with different people every week. i didn't need to say that though, did i?

Don't worry Hag, we'll sort yiz for another ballroom.

Anyway before anyone decides we play every month or something:

1/ It's 6 months since we last played a ballroom
2/ Last year we played 3 out of 15 shows we put on.

Considering how hard we all work to put these gigs on I would be annoyed if any begrudged us a gig.

NPB and Holy Ghost Fathers are pretty similar, so I'd say folk who like NPB would probably be into Holy Ghost Fathers as well. It's about time those two shared a the same bill if you ask me.

Unclealo said:
Don't worry Hag, we'll sort yiz for another ballroom.

Anyway before anyone decides we play every month or something:

1/ It's 6 months since we last played a ballroom
2/ Last year we played 3 out of 15 shows we put on.

Considering how hard we all work to put these gigs on I would be annoyed if any begrudged us a gig.
i actually didn't realise the ballroom was run by HGF! hey, you're not answerable to anyone, it just used to make me feel silly sometimes when i put my band on with other bands i promoted a lot of the time. it didn't stop me from doing it though because i have a gigantic ego ;)

hag said:
i actually didn't realise the ballroom was run by HGF! hey, you're not answerable to anyone, it just used to make me feel silly sometimes when i put my band on with other bands i promoted a lot of the time. it didn't stop me from doing it though because i have a gigantic ego ;)

ahahah :D SHmak!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back