B-MUSIC this Friday (1 Viewer)

M. Stratosphere

two Mick's and a couple of P's taking over the ones and twos this friday...see ya down there

For fans of dancing to out-there, unfashionable other worldly sounds from the 60s & 70s we present BMUSIC. A dancing emporium of vintage fuzz heavy freakbeat, sun drenched psych pop, hairy funk and oddball soundtrack music sourced from the far flung corners of four continents...

Best of all its free entry and drinks are at recessionary friendly prices! So come down!!

BMUSIC @ THOMAS HOUSE
FRIDAY 23rd October
7PM til Late
FREE ENTRY

FEATURING
MICÍ DURNIN
MICK DONOHUE (TWOC, Alphabet Set)
NLGBBBLBTH
PETER TWOMEY (Brainbeat)

B-MUSIC COLLECTIVE
B-Music is an independent collective of DJs, musicians and music lovers dedicated to the obsessive and painstaking pursual of obscure, obsolete, exquisitely obnoxious, unbelievable, underexposed and undeniably delectable discs of experimental pop music from the psyched-out sixties and seventies.

B-Music.co.uk provides a pocket library for discerning aficionados of fascinating rhythms from six times around the globe - unifying record collectors, beat diggers, fanatics of the avant-garde and trash-merchants alike.

Centred around the Mancunian eponymous travelling club and bar night - hosted by Andy Votel (Twisted Nerve) and Dominic Thomas - and along with twin record labels Finders Keepers and Delay 68, B-Music represents a passionate, un-blinkered approach to the culmination of way-out sounds encompassing all elements of off-kilter counter-culture: Psych Prog Space Rock Ye-Ye Euro Beat Folk Funk Jazz and Whacked Out Movie Musak, as well as cherry pickings of bugged-out cinema, design and literature in token doses.

www.b-music.co.uk

Sweet sounds as always Mici, but any chance of a tracklisting?

cheers, glad you like.

aye must do up the tracklisting, must listen to it again first. wanted to leave a bit of intrigue i guess, i like the hunt myself, also not to give away all my secrets wha! :rolleyes: but mostly didn't know how cool it would be to have the tracklisting on a promo...we've got something coming down the line so don't want to jinx us. But yeah I'll type it up.

will have a few of them with me tonight, and if your down early i'll be playing a bit of krautfolk and some cool 60's exotica from Indonesia i found recently in a charity shop in west cork :cool:

Here's what I played. Thanks to everyone who came down. A good night.

Set 1
Vandal Cock - Imp Girl (LP)
Gaslamp Killer - Finders Keepers Megamix (45)
Mi Generacion - Triste Y Solo (45)
Los Goya - Cow Girl (LP)
Amazonas - Sierra-De-Mar (LP)
Small Faces - Afterglow Of Your Love (LP)
Carol Grimes - Homemade Ruin (45)
Nancy Sinatra and Lee Hazlewood - Sand (45)
Beatstalkers - Bass Line (45)
Alan Bown - The Rockford Files (45)
Ted Heath And His Music - Get Back (LP)
Nino Ferrer - Looking For You (LP)
The Boston - Be In (LP)

Set 2
Twinkranes - Fizz Not Feedback (45)
The Roundtable - Saturday Gigue (45)
Johnny Harris - Paint It Black (LP)
Ennio Morricone - Pazuzo (LP)
James Last - Silver Machine (LP)
Balsara And His Singing Sitars - Do-Re-Mi (LP)
James Last - Easy Livin' / Coming Closer / Popcorn (LP)
Noor Jehan - I Am Very Sorry (45)
Girma Beyene - Yebegagnal (LP)

Set 3
Yamasukis - Yamasuki (45)
Kartune Kapers - Knock On Wood (45)
Tony Hatch And The Satin Brass - Sounds Of The '70s (45)
Anagram Jam - Anagram Jam (45)
Balsara And His Singing Sitars - I Want To Hold Your Hand (LP)
Syd Dale - Screen Test (45)
Sandie Shaw - Your Time Is Gonna Come (LP)

Aye, a tracklist would be good! I recognised a couple o' things. Arif Sag, Los Dug Dug's, one song might have been Os Brazoes... and some investigation found me Wolfgang Dauner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back