B-Music this Friday!! (1 Viewer)

M. Stratosphere

For fans of dancing to out-there, unfashionable other worldly sounds from the 60s & 70s we present BMUSIC. A dancing emporium of vintage fuzz heavy freakbeat, sun drenched psych pop, hairy funk and oddball soundtrack music sourced from the far flung corners of four continents...

For the last Friday in September we are taking over both floors in Thomas House with some of our favourite bmusic DJs sharing from their own collections those beautiful and long lost sounds that have long fallen through the cracks of popular culture.

Best of all its free entry and drinks are at recessionary friendly prices! So come down!!

BMUSIC @ THOMAS HOUSE
FRIDAY 25th Sept
6PM til Late
FREE ENTRY

FEATURING
DARREN MCCREESH
TWINKRANES (DJ Set)
MARK WINKELMANN
NLGBBBLBTH
GARRY O'NEILL
PETER TWOMEY (Brainbeat)
MICK DONOHUE (TWOC, Alphabet Set)
CHRISTINE KELLY (Anseo)

B-MUSIC COLLECTIVE
B-Music is an independent collective of DJs, musicians and music lovers dedicated to the obsessive and painstaking pursual of obscure, obsolete, exquisitely obnoxious, unbelievable, underexposed and undeniably delectable discs of experimental pop music from the psyched-out sixties and seventies.

B-Music.co.uk provides a pocket library for discerning aficionados of fascinating rhythms from six times around the globe - unifying record collectors, beat diggers, fanatics of the avant-garde and trash-merchants alike.

Centred around the Mancunian eponymous travelling club and bar night - hosted by Andy Votel (Twisted Nerve) and Dominic Thomas - and along with twin record labels Finders Keepers and Delay 68, B-Music represents a passionate, un-blinkered approach to the culmination of way-out sounds encompassing all elements of off-kilter counter-culture: Psych Prog Space Rock Ye-Ye Euro Beat Folk Funk Jazz and Whacked Out Movie Musak, as well as cherry pickings of bugged-out cinema, design and literature in token doses.

www.b-music.co.uk

alas i'm missing out on this 2 floor madness

but i have done a new B-Music cd to give away.

22 cuts that i guess would signify my take on some global failed pop. So if your interested there'll be a pile somewhere, or just ask the DJ playing.
nice one.:cool:

I like B-Music, but I always get a sense it's more for the benefit of the people playing the records than those listening.

i agree - I never know any songs that are played.
But if you know the songs what's the point in going?
It's brilliant for getting you out of your comfort zone and showing you new music you would never have heard before.

I like B-Music, but I always get a sense it's more for the benefit of the people playing the records than those listening.

Agreed. Have come across this attitude in there a few times:

"What are you doing dancing. Having fun?! Sit down and listen to my awesome records" :rolleyes:

I'm not a good dancer by any means but still......

Have managed to enjoy myself regardless & hope to drop in tonight.

The great thing about these bmusic nights is the total lack of ego... Its just a bunch of heads playing underexposed music that we are passionate about. We genuinely hope that people get a buzz off what we play and are more than happy to have the craic if anybody wants to know more about a track played or whatever.

Its unfair to suggest that sometimes we have an attitude that discourages dancing when in fact the opposite is the case! It's more a fact that the venue is setup in a way that makes dancing quite difficult. Mind if you saw me dance you'd probably run a mile :)

There'll be mix cd's that mici compliled available which we will hand out on a first come first serve basis, so if anyone wants one feel free to ask whoever is djing at that particular time...

So yeah, really looking forward to tonight... hope to see yis all there...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back