Avatar - James Cameron (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter tim
  • Start date
  • Replies 118
  • Views 13K
  • Watchers 4
It did have a half decent (even better) plot... the characterisations were grand... it aint Bergman, but was it trying to be?

The plot in Avatar is fairly piss poor though- humans attempt to conquer alien planet, aliens fight back.. humans lose... the characters are not much more than 2 dimensional aswell..

C'mon like, Aliens and T2 are miiilllles better!

FRICKIN AWESOME!

don't see why anyone would single out the plot for criticism, fairly standard blockbuster fare

i wanna be a tree-smurf

FRICKIN AWESOME!

don't see why anyone would single out the plot for criticism, fairly standard blockbuster fare

cos it took them 15 years to make it, a decent story with believable characters (CGI or not) isn't too much to ask for

i wanna be a tree-smurf

nevermind, you're never gonna listen

believable characters?? they're smurf-cat warriors on a made-up planet!

Yes I know, it took them 15 years to think up that.

Look, it was an enjoyable film but everyone in it was a paper-thin caricature, the story was one dimensional moralising and it said absolutely nothing that hasn't been said a million times before. I'm sorry if I want more than just 3D explosions and misappropriated Rousseaun ideas from films. Even some snappy dialogue could have saved it.

I'd watch it again mind

It's definitely not better than Aliens, Terminator 2, or even True Lies for that matter. That said the excellent immersive 3D makes it definitely worth a watch. Although as Yurn put it recently, you won't exactly be in a rush to see it in 2D on ITV, at 3.15, Christmas day 2013.

Thank fuck it's passed Titanic in the money stakes though, it was an embarrassment that a piece of shit like that was the top grossing film of all time.
Titanic is great...
Kate Winslet has got her tits out for all the family on TV at 3PM on Christmas Eve for the last god knows how many years.
Truly subversive.

(there is a whole generation of teenagers now who can't quite figure out why they have such a thing for big hipped red headed girls with a slightly inverted nipple)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back