Aurora (1 Viewer)

hugh

Contributor
Since 2000
Solutions
So anyone else see it?

After spending 3 days and nights freezing my ass off in northern Norway last March hoping to catch a glimpse and not seeing a thing, its puts in a spectacular appearance on the road to Drogheda last night.

It was deadly by the way ....

broken arm said:
missed it. too cloudy i think. any photos? any explanation why it was visible in ireland??
there's an excellent photo of funky lights over ben bulben on the front of the irish times.

big-ass solar flare pointing right at the earth, apparently. more due tonight.

couldn't see squat from the middle of town, even though i'm 5 floors up - poxy light pollution

broken arm said:
missed it. too cloudy i think. any photos? any explanation why it was visible in ireland??

yeah there was some big sunspot/explosions stuff going on over the last day or two. It should be visible tonight but its gonna be cloudy so probably wont be visible. And you have to get out of the city to see anything anyway ...

hugh said:
yeah there was some big sunspot/explosions stuff going on over the last day or two. It should be visible tonight but its gonna be cloudy so probably wont be visible. And you have to get out of the city to see anything anyway ...
mythical magical meath was the place to be to see it appearently. my sis rang me from the back garden, she said it was amazing.

hugh said:

Dagnammit, I didn't even know it was happening. Couldn't see much from inside my cosmo haze but must have a look out for it tonight.

That sun storm thing was a bit scary though. yeesss.

mark said:
mythical magical meath was the place to be to see it appearently. my sis rang me from the back garden, she said it was amazing.

Yeah I can imagine. Any place the electricity grid hasn't penetrated to yet is bound to be good.

I saw 'em in Canada a few years back and it was nowhere near as pretty as the front of the times today/ news last night.
Go figure. :(

rumpus said:
I was out by palmerstown and saw a bit - very nice indeed

congratulations for being the only person ever to have said such a thing about palmerstown

Anne OMalley said:
Few place names in Ireland describe the activities of the inhabitants better than Palmerstown.

However, Strokestown does come to mind.

jobstown
the ill-est named town in Ireland

Allet jhheff said:
brrrrrrrr - -- - light you say?? with my reputation???

No, muff is the most inapropraite town in irealand, you gotta tink out side the pale man...

and the lights also came to donegal. we had a mass to see if they would go away...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back