auction it on ebay? (1 Viewer)

they're probably obscure because of a few opportunistic cunts with their own labels doing limited pressings and keeping half of them just for trading, rob levinge could tell you a few stories about such people, at least one of them involves the necros
woah long sentence

damn you weeler you know what i meant. minor threat (et al above) arn't crap and yes there are obscure bands who are really good but may find themselves in the sit. nooly suggested, not want to sign to big label etcetc but gav haaassss been known to flaunt his superior knowledge of unknown bands for the purpose of, as far as I could see, being one up on the average joe punk.. but for the sake of appeasement i retract my innocent yet damning statement..

meh .. i search for unknown bands because i like to hear more music and a lot of the popular bands(DS13) are hyped to death ..

i've maybe meantiond a few obscure bands before but it doesnt mean i flaunt and if that was my intention then why am i still listening to punk/hardcore when i hardly ever see you's to flaunt ..

this thread makes little or no sense to me.... perhaps i'm just stupid.

we're all capitalists when it comes down to it, slane tickets yo!

and anal cunt rule way more than u ever will....

"women, nature's punching bag"

hey damo what are you talking about
"damo, nature's punching bag"
"fight! fight! are we having a fight! let's have a fight!" *BANG!!!!!!!!*

Originally posted by deena
nooly suggested, not want to sign to big label etcetc

i meant DIY labels, it probably doesn't happen that much but i've heard one or 2 stories about ppl w/diy labels deliberately printing small numbers of a record they know people will really want, then keeping some for themselves so they can trade with record nerds......which is shit, people might end up trading really good records from their prized collection for a record that doesn't mean anything to some guy who has a load of them.
but that probably doesn't happen very much (or........??)

Originally posted by nooly
i meant DIY labels, it probably doesn't happen that much but i've heard one or 2 stories about ppl w/diy labels deliberately printing small numbers of a record they know people will really want, then keeping some for themselves so they can trade with record nerds......which is shit, people might end up trading really good records from their prized collection for a record that doesn't mean anything to some guy who has a load of them.
but that probably doesn't happen very much (or........??)

Yep, that happens a whole lot.

Yep. I've been trading Nerdlinger 7"s away for old rare Minor Threat, SSD & Negative Approach records. I got two original pressings of Arise for a single 7", and a whole box of original Doom lps for a sticker. And what's more, I've still got dozens of boxes of them under my bed!

Anyone want to buy a nerdlinger 7" for a euro? Eh, you get a free sticker...please?

Going slightly off topic www.netsounds.com is a co-operative site involving loads of 2nd hand shops in England, and is always worth a look if you're looking for old Punk stuff. For instance, at the last look, a search for the Sultans of Ping threw up approx. 150 results! Mind you, a search for what I'm mainly looking for these days (the Golden Horde) threw up 0 results, but then again Horde records have always been impossibly hard to come by...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back