Attn: Cyclists (2 Viewers)

oh, one time i got hit by a car whose driver didn't understand that 'flashing yellow' doesn't mean 'drive ahead merrily without looking to see if there's anything in the way' and i sort of got carried along on the side of the car for a bit but i didn't fall off
then i climbed off and shouted at him.
then i continued on my way to the lower deck and played a gig. (that's sort of an exaggeration of the timeframe, it was a few hours later, but it sounds good that way)

and that's the extent of my amazing bicycle stories.

about 2 years ago me+friend were in work, looked out the window saw two guys at his bike sawing the lock off. we legged it down the stairs, over to them:
"lads, thats my bike, we've called the Gaurds and they're on the way"

but instead of just leggin' it, as you'd except of any god-fearing scumbag, they started arguing with us.
Saying things like 'isn't your bike' and one of them even, to my absoloute embaffelment, stood in front of us, blocking the view of his scumfriend (who continued sawing at the lock), and started pretending he was asking us directions. maybe he thought we'd get confused and forget they were stealing our bike...I dunno

(embaffelment...i like that)

well....I did consider that maybe they removed my friends bike from the railing, and replaced it with their own, identical, bike and lock, and then lost their keys and proceeded to saw through their own lock

but it seemd more logical that they were just trying to rob my friends bike from outside work.

snakybus said:
maybe it was their bike and they lost the key

FancyGoods said:
but instead of just leggin' it, as you'd except of any god-fearing scumbag, they started arguing with us.
Saying things like 'isn't your bike' and one of them even, to my absoloute embaffelment, stood in front of us, blocking the view of his scumfriend (who continued sawing at the lock), and started pretending he was asking us directions. maybe he thought we'd get confused and forget they were stealing our bike...I dunno
FINISH THE STORY.
Did they get the bike or not? How did it all end?

well we started gettin annoyed and more shouty shouty and yer man who was sawin' the lock decided to make a break for it. (he actually climbed OVER the fence instead of just running down the road which seemed like another stupid idea to me) and then the guy confronting us realised he was on his own and just ran away.

saps.

It was near the Jervis street centre center, used to work in a tele-research place called IMS (..betcha somebody else here did too)

THRILLHO said:
FINISH THE STORY.
Did they get the bike or not? How did it all end?

FancyGoods said:
my theory has always been just to buy a shitty bike
yep, or get a good bike and give it a really bad paint job. if it don't look nice, no one's gonna notice it.

edit: i really need to start reading the entire thread before i reply to people... or not.

THRILLHO said:
http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=66128&page=1&pp=25

Here's a dude breaking into a fancy-schmancy U-Lock in 30 seconds.. with a biro.
Happy cycling, guys.
excellent! gonna try this in a little while on my friends bike....they lost the key to their u lock and their bikes been locked outside their gaff for a week cause....saves me havin to use a hacksaw....i'll let yis know how i get on!bing

Couldnt find the right type of bic pen. only had those clear ones in work. I'm gonna try when I find some different pens though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back