Attn: Cyclists (2 Viewers)

THRILLHO said:
http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=66128&page=1&pp=25

Here's a dude breaking into a fancy-schmancy U-Lock in 30 seconds.. with a biro.
Happy cycling, guys.

I think it's been accepted for years that them U locks are shit.

the only thing that works is a big fuck off chain and a big fuck off lock...

preferbly two of each....

[edit]

while talking about bikes... any cunt who drove by the RDS about 9.40am this morning and nearly killed me over by coming up real fucking close behind me... all 4 of them who did it in a row... HOW FUCKING DARE YOU, YOU FUCKING BIG SILVER CAR DRIVING SUIT WEARING BASTARDS!

Pantone247 said:
while talking about bikes... any cunt who drove by the RDS about 9.40am this morning and nearly killed me over by coming up real fucking close behind me... all 4 of them who did it in a row... HOW FUCKING DARE YOU, YOU FUCKING BIG SILVER CAR DRIVING SUIT WEARING BASTARDS!
always have stones in ones pocket, always.

clown%20bike.jpg

That explains a lot...
That thing of coming back to find my bike gone and the lock still there has happened to me twice. First time I thought I just missed the bike with the lock.

Pantone247 said:
a bud of mine paints her bike a manky colour... I think currently it's a shitty house paint gloss green... great bike, but it looks manky... it totally works, no one would touch it
I've covered mine in tasteful band/slogan stickers so it's identifiable from a mile off. As yet I'm one of the only cycling people I know who hasn't had a bike stolen (famous last words). And i have a shitty break-it-with-a-hammer U-lock.

I had my bike stolen from outside work. It nearly induced a nervous breakdown. So now I cycle a shitty pink girls bike.They say different locks on a bike, say a U and a chain will deter the scummers.

I too would like to moan about a complete cocksucker in a merc who cut me up on the road this morning. I HATE YOU

this fuckers nicked my bmx when i lived in the brack. it was brand new and my da and grandad had spent about a week working on it to make it look like the most flash bike ever

it lasted two days and then was nicked from our garden shed. a few days later my da managed to get it back, the spa would nicked it was cycling round our estate and my da went out and karate chopped him in the head.
the bike was ruined though, to disguise it they'd painted with BROWN emulsion.
no one ever tried to nick it again :-(

i've had four bikes stolen in my life.

once i had a bike stolen outside my work (it wasn't locked - i just dropped in to get my wages) and after a strop and a report to the police i arrived home to find that my younger brother had stolen it during his look-how-much-of-a-scumbag-i-am phase. the girls-bike stealing little bollix.

cassette/tape said:

amazingly enough it wasn't... I home was smoking doobie by lunchtime... best excuse to not go to work "I got knocked over on my way in"

worst that happened is my shoe got run over and mushed up... it was then I realised God had a plan for my life.... :rolleyes:

yeah and you *better* edit your comments on JAMC!

:)

Pantone247 said:
amazingly enough it wasn't... I home was smoking doobie by lunchtime... best excuse to not go to work "I got knocked over on my way in"

worst that happened is my shoe got run over and mushed up... it was then I realised God had a plan for my life.... :rolleyes:

yeah and you *better* edit your comments on JAMC!

:)
oh i like JAMC, they don't rule though. they're very fair. ;)

FancyGoods said:
my theory has always been just to buy a shitty bike
my friend had a shitty post mans bike and a basket that he cycled home from france on (through the water and all :rolleyes: )... bit of sentimental value attached to it.

instead of robbing it the knackers just smashed it up still locked to the railing.

only place i'll lock my bike is outside college, still go out and check on it every couple of lectures.

always, always leave my lights on the bike though, went through about 10 different sets last year :(

i once locked my bike at the railway station. someone came, took the the lock and left the bike.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back