Attention Bright Eyes Fans! (1 Viewer)

Hefty Horse

Website
www.myspace.com
David Dondero: This guy is barely a blip on maps to even the remotest of musical landscapes. But I keep pushing him and hoping he'll be recognized for the brilliant artist he is. Bright Eyes frontman Conor Oberst is often cited as one of the best songwriters making music today, and he's credited David Dondero for his whole sound. (Dondero's latest CD South of the South was released on Oberst's Team Love label).
-NPR's Best Living Songwriters

David plays Dublin on August 24th @Whelans Upstairs.

i googled bright eyes fan and this came up. seriously
emo1.jpg

fair enough.

the guy is pretty heavily linked with Bright Eyes and so for Bright Eyes fans he is worth checking out. He is on Conor Oberst's label and Conor cites him as an influence. thats all.

i can't belive bright eyes still have the emo tag on them. get over it guys!

David Dondero: This guy is barely a blip on maps to even the remotest of musical landscapes. But I keep pushing him and hoping he'll be recognized for the brilliant artist he is. Bright Eyes frontman Conor Oberst is often cited as one of the best songwriters making music today, and he's credited David Dondero for his whole sound. (Dondero's latest CD South of the South was released on Oberst's Team Love label).
-NPR's Best Living Songwriters

David plays Dublin on August 24th @Whelans Upstairs.

He actually sounds nothing like Bright Eyes if that helps anyone. It's too bad it's the same night as Beirut or I'd go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie1vkOlK8xc

He has a similar voice to Conor Oberst but they don't really sound the same music wise. Just most people who like Bright Eyes seem to like Dondero as well.

it is a shame about Beirut but they were so bad the last time maybe people will come to this instead.

He actually sounds nothing like Bright Eyes if that helps anyone. It's too bad it's the same night as Beirut or I'd go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie1vkOlK8xc

I get the Bright Eyes comparison after listening to that, especially the first song in that link. The Wide awake its Morning Bright Eyes stuff.

Hes pretty decent. I'll be at Beirut too though. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back