Atp first weekend? (1 Viewer)

sparse

Website
www.facebook.com
I want to know what happened at ATP's first weekend, which bands are worth checking out? was there much merchandise? how much is a pint? and was there any trouble getting there? also any other valueable information or scandel

thanks

booxe = cheap
bands - er, I only saw about 6.
Merch - didn't get to the merchandise stand till sunday when it was all sold out.

It was all vg though. Stress not, a huge seagull could shit on your head every day of the weekend, all the merchandise and bands (though not the booze) could go up in flames and you'd still enjoy yourself immensely.

sparse-icus (23 Apr, 2002 01:25 p.m.):
I want to know what happened at ATP's first weekend, which bands are worth checking out? was there much merchandise? how much is a pint? and was there any trouble getting there? also any other valueable information or scandel

thanks

it was feckin hot and crowded in the downstairs section due to bigger bands being stuck down there for some reason. I don't think I've drunk as much water in a long time... good bands I didnt really know very well beforehand and are worth looking at

mission of burma
shipping news
arcwelder
lonesome organist (a must for any multi -instrumentalist)
shellac
do make say think
blonde redhead

avoid "the upper crust" at all costs, terrible spinal tap rip off. there was a fair ammount of merchandise - cds from most bands - but nothing too obscure like rare 7"s or anything trainspotterish like that. Crap t shirt selection though... Pints were about £2.20 - 2.40, 4 euros-ish. Watch out for posters telling you of time changes as I missed half the smog set due to unobservance! Have a look at the beach and Rye if you've got a few spare hours. There was a fair ammount of taxis available going both to and from the station. We only had to wait about 10 minutes each time. Oh, and allow time for fatalities on your return train journey to the airport resulting in a 40 mile taxi ride up the motorway at high speeds... Not likely to occur both weekends though, I guess.

Is that Cannibal Ox?

Nope, different band. I missed them, though heard mention of a PVC catsuit and loudness.

Seconding the Mission of Burma, Shellac, and Arcwelder recommendations, also do go see Wire if they're playing. And you really should check out the Danielson Family. Their live show involves uniforms and actions and songs about Jesus and weird falsetto-ish vocals - which may sound like they're taking the piss but they seem wonderfully sincere. Bonkers, and quite brilliant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back