atp 2006 (3 Viewers)

That's bad news.
I was really looking forward to seeing Ween.

At least Dr Jr hav enough of a reputation to attract some good bands. I just hope it wont be 20 clones of themselves. It never works well if the curator is too weak. thats why the Shellac weekends were the best because they have the respect of their peers and through their production have broader tastes than most.

I think the lease successful ATP's have been Autechure and mars Volta for that reason.

On another topic - I suppose theres no chance that Black Mountain is a misprint and that it's Blue Mountain playing instead. No? Oh well.

I always thought that tortoise picked the most varied lineups myself. but shellac always 'brung it' so fair fucking play to them as well. the rock, that is..

thought the mars volta was cool. better than slint. autechre was pretty weak alright.

Yeah now you mention it Slint was a bit week
Except for Slint.

Line up for this year so far looks pretty poptastic although I'm dreading seeing what lumberjack shirted rejects Mudhoney will drag up from the depths!

just been on the atp site and it appears that vashti bunyan, the drones, oneida, the liars, david dondero, jon wahl and the amadans, total sound group direct action committee,
celebration, imaginary folk, tall boys, bat for lashes, jana hunter, the metallic falcons, and danielle stech-homsy have just been added to weekend one. bar vashti, oneida, the liars and jana hunter i havent heard of any of these. so, who's special?

The Liars rule! Loads of fun. Ridiculous ozzy [maybe just the singer ?] shronk band! giveamanakick fighting ronald mcdonald!

Also, checked out the "TV on the Radio" EP; Young Liars - Gorgeous Dense Synthy Pop.

B

jana hunter played in the lower deck a few months back
i can't really see slight bookish lesbian singer songwriters rocking the place to the centre of hell

she was alright though and i bought her cd-r which was also alright
one deadly song

swingkid said:
oh right, don't remember hearing anything about it.
who put it on?

can't remember who put it on - nobody i knew anyways.
pretty sure i read about it here

some dublin country-ish band played too. they weren't very good

Bert Jansch playing first weekend. Spoon, Clinic, Decemberists, Dead Meadow and Big Business added to second weekend. Weekend 2 is looking better to me, but then I hate folk/freak folk so the sunday of weekend 1 is a complete write off.

if the sleater-kinney and yeah yeah yeahs days were on the same weekend, this would be so much better.

the way it is at the moment, i'm leaning towards weekend one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back