Athlone & surrounding area music. (2 Viewers)

Burger King at the Golden Island?

Mullingar's probably yer best bet. They've a collective there who organamise that sort of stuff. Have no idea who to contact but some bloke called Frank runs a fortnightly night in the Stables and the poster says its for the Collective. 'Spotlight' is the night in question.

How's TR Dallas doing these days? He's from Athlone isn't he?

Shane from United Bible Studies was working in a recording studio out that direction.

You could send a mail to them through the Deserted Village site FAO Shane. Their web-site is http://www.desertedvillage.com

Alternatively you could try http://www.thingsyouremissing.com. That should have a list of recording studios around the country.

And if all else fails, I'm sure someone in the FMC will be able to help you. Their site is http://www.fmc-ireland.com

Or you could ask the fellas from Obsolete. They're from Mullingar.

Unclealo said:
They're split up for the moment as Mr. Beanstalk is in Australia :(
Ah no way...

they're quite good. Would like to see them back together.

Actually.. talking about splitting up due to Antipodean escapades, any word on Dan from Danizens of Ilk? Is he joining anyone? Is An Hermetic Collective going to re-form?

He was looking very windswept and interesting on Friday.

billygannon said:
He was looking very windswept and interesting on Friday.
He was living in Wellington with these folk, and one of them, her Dad did the voice of the Nazgul.

He's off to Sligo to demonstrate that he's still alive. I believe there are some rumblings of some AHC action...

billygannon said:
Ah no way...

they're quite good. Would like to see them back together.

Actually.. talking about splitting up due to Antipodean escapades, any word on Dan from Danizens of Ilk? Is he joining anyone? Is An Hermetic Collective going to re-form? He was looking very windswept and interesting on Friday.

wellllll he might be playing with ourselves again at some stage, Bref's drumming for us now so with Dan back then steerage would be AHC + 1 (Peter). two of the AHC tunes are on the steerage EP and we'll be recording another two for the album. so you could pretty much say steerage is An Hermetic Collective.

Pantone247 said:
Athlone is such a fucking dive

I lived their for four years and all i got was cannibas dependent

the midlands rules. i hope to move back there some day. we have hurling in the midlands, so i won't have to spend my time watching shitty dublin bands play.

There are limited number of places to practise in and around Mullingar but there are a number of people with some excellent home studios . There is the band Mere who have a studio in Offally and Johnny Cronin has quite a nice little set up in longford .

If ye are really rich there is Grouse Lodge where Muse recorded there latest album . I think they are doing special deals for unsigned bands on quite weekends .

It is good to hear Obsolete are not forgotten . Myself and Mixer are playing in a band called Daves Radio . Obsolete may return if beanstalk decides to return home .

I hear Athlone got took out of the Ireland map for having too many knackers and mutants

that and the fact that its accent is a speech impediment

oh and, TR Dallas is from Moate

molateen said:
It is good to hear Obsolete are not forgotten . Myself and Mixer are playing in a band called Daves Radio . Obsolete may return if beanstalk decides to return home .

I'm never coming home Molateen...stripping paint in Sydney is now my life...it gives me a high that I could never reach through music.

OK, maybe that'd be the can of paint stipper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back