Ashley Cole is a cunt (1 Viewer)

therecklessone said:
Bollox.

If thats your attitude, then you know little about football and care even less about it.

I don't think thats true. I just disagree with you.

I like football a lot but I guess I don't truly care about it in perhaps the way some people do.

I have never referred to my favourite football team as "we" or any of that bullshit. I don't care about what happens off the pitch. I don't care what anyone is being paid and I don't care if Ashley Cole or anyone else has a sneaky meeting with another club, although why he was so stupid as to meet in such a public place, I have no idea. Not as stupid as Rio Ferdinand who met Chelsea officials in TWO restaurants on the same night and said it was coincidence.

Why do you expect loyalty from these people? The clubs can be as fickle towards their players as the players are towards the clubs at times.

This Ashley Cole thing is soap opera. I have no interest in it.

I enjoy the game not the players wages/lifestyle/whatever.

My earlier point was that you can't have one set of rules for footballers working conditions and another for everyone else. Footballers don't owe more loyalty to their employers than you or I do. I'm not saying they don't owe any but I am saying that they don't owe more .

Wilbert said:
My earlier point was that you can't have one set of rules for footballers working conditions and another for everyone else. Footballers don't owe more loyalty to their employers than you or I do. I'm not saying they don't owe any but I am saying that they don't owe more .

Eh, yeah you can...does the entertainment industry conform to this? How many record companies allow their artists free rein to discuss other projects with rival companies?

Footbal is, and needs to be for its survival, different:

1. It has transfer fees. Does your employed charge rivals when they poach a member of staff?

2. Players sign a contract when they join a club, and it is reasonable to expect that they will honour the terms of that contract, and will obey the rules that apply to transfer deaings as laid down by the relevant football authorities. They're handsomely rewarded for that constraint.

3. Players expect more protection that the average working man. If Ashley Cole concedes a peno to ManYoo next season, scores an own goal against Liverpool and gets sent off against Chelsea, does Arsene Wenger get to call him into the office and say "your gash son, take a walk"? No. Bet it would happen to you or I in the real world though.

4. Clubs, and players, have a responsibility to the fans. End of. Its nothing to do with customer loyalty, because they have no choice once they've commited to a club. Its not like they can take their custom elsewhere. That being the case, having spent upwards of £500 on a season ticket, I'd say they have a right to expect some degree of reasonable behaviour from the players they idolise.

Look, I'm not lloking to see players enslaved by their teams. The currect rules protect everyone, from the richest clubs to the poorest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back