Arthur Russell Appreciation Thread (2 Viewers)

i love that record. fucking beautiful stuff... i think "you can make me feel bad" is on that record, right? thats savage too. i love losing my taste for the nightlife and this is how we walk on the moon especially

I've been listening to Kiss Me Again by Dinosaur a few times a day lately. I'm not sure if there's a single song I prefer.

::clef::The doors are unlocked, the windows are open::clef::

Really,really having this album of late:)

Still cannot get over how good this album is.
Its a perfect sunny morning headphones album.
He just writes such simple beautiful love songs,He just seems to capture the giddy joy,ecstacy and beauty of situations so perfectly,makes me feel 14 again!:)

The man has written some of the funkiest tracks iv ever heard too :D

I remembered this thread from a whiles back and got the new Arthur Russel release in the post this week. New as in unreleased.
Its called Springfield.
Its brilliant stuff usual processed beats and cello wokouts theres also a DFA remix on it (but the original is better)...go get

Springfield features one of my favourite songs, 'You Have Did the Right Thing When You Put That Skylight In.' The cover of this record is great too, wasn't that into the majority of the other tracks on it though.

arussell-spring.jpg

picked up the 24-24 music re-issue last week. http://www.discogs.com/release/1075635. seriously good shit. also finally got my hands on the soul jazz comp on vinyl in the same shop..
Both are class. 24-24 is really off beat but is still incredibly good fun. It's amazing hearing the original versions of the disco tracks remixed on the Soul Jazz comp..

Springfield features one of my favourite songs, 'You Have Did the Right Thing When You Put That Skylight In.' The cover of this record is great too, wasn't that into the majority of the other tracks on it though.

arussell-spring.jpg

I got that tune from a CD that came with one of the only editions of Wire magazine I ever bought. Thats how I got into him in fact.... it was the only listenable track on the CD! No, thats not true. But it was by far the best.

Distorted 'cello is such a great sound.

Has anyone got the Arthur Russell cover EP?Jens Lekman, Victoria Bergsman and other Swedish types did it. I ordered it in from Road about 4 months ago but they still haven't got it. Trying to figure out whether I should start hassling Swedish record shops, dunno if it's worth it?

Has anyone got the Arthur Russell cover EP?Jens Lekman, Victoria Bergsman and other Swedish types did it. I ordered it in from Road about 4 months ago but they still haven't got it. Trying to figure out whether I should start hassling Swedish record shops, dunno if it's worth it?

Well, you can get it from Amazon or lots of other places, Juno has it for download...I never checked it out, mainly because I don't like Jens Lekman much...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back