Arthur Lee Benefit Gig, Thursday 8th June (2 Viewers)

As Chantelle might say, 'OOOWW MOIIII GODZZ THIS IS ONLY A WEEK AND A BIT AWAY!'

Charlie Bucket said:
here lads i've no health insurance and i'm sure i'll have a life threatening illness sometime in the next 40 years so anychance of doin a fundraiser for me?

only if you record one of the greatest albums of all time

Lee was born in Memphis and returned to the city last summer after the death of his mother and aunt left their Memphis home vacant. Before Lee got sick, there was talk of performing and recording.
Lee hasn't written much since then. "I don't want to fill my head with music I can't do anything about," he explained from his hospital bed the day he started chemotherapy.
He started telling stories instead -- of being feted by members of Britain's Parliament, friendships with musicians like Robert Plant and getting married recently for the first time to a woman he's known for 35 years.
"All kinds of things I've had to deal with in my life," Lee said. "It is much better the way I've known life. Those hardships make things easier. "But for this disease I never would have known I was loved this much."

This has been named gig of the fortnight in Hot Press.

I bet you'll all come now, cos I know how much love you all have for HP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back