Arthur Lee Benefit Gig, Thursday 8th June (2 Viewers)

Stan Bowles

Contributor
Probably seen it elsewhere, but he has acute lymphoblastic leukemia, and no health insurance, poor arthur. Benefit shows with big names happening in the states, I wonder if you would make any money from a local benfit here? every little bit would help I guess.

Re: Arthur Lee has Leukemia

http://www.thelovesociety.com/

Arthur's medical bills will be in excess of $100,000. Myself and some other people are going to try and organise a benefit gig here shortly, more details when we actually get round to meeting up and sorting stuff out.

Excellent idea, a fundraiser, only to be hijacked by the local posse of usual Mod
guestlisters, but seriously, I don't wanna see Arthur die, we need to sort this shit out, and who would you get to play at it?

I'd welcome all the mods with open arms, I'd welcome anyone with open arms as long as they pay in.

We've a few ideas of who we would like to play, we need to decide a date and a venue first then approach people. If anyone is interested please PM me, however we'll only be able to put on a limited number of bands, so don't be insulted if we can't squeeze you on!

Stan Bowles said:
I'd welcome all the mods with open arms, I'd welcome anyone with open arms as long as they pay in.

We've a few ideas of who we would like to play, we need to decide a date and a venue first then approach people. If anyone is interested please PM me, however we'll only be able to put on a limited number of bands, so don't be insulted if we can't squeeze you on!

does this mean Humanzi, the Mighty Stef and The Things? ha ha!

rowdy row tinka said:
does this mean Humanzi, the Mighty Stef and The Things? ha ha!
If I thougt they would get a few more heads thorugh the door I would consider putting one of those bands on yep. I've always enjoyed the things and stef when I've seen them.

Arthur Lee from Love has recently been diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. Arthur has already undergone chemotherapy, but more is required and he has no medical insurance. His medical bills are expected to exceed $100,000 and benefit gigs are being lined up in the states to help with these costs.

We are putting together a benefit gig on Thursday 8th of June in Dublin to raise money for these expenses, and celebrate the music of Arthur Lee and Love with the help of some of our favourite bands.

The gig will take place on Thursday the 8th of June, at The Hub in Temple Bar. The following bands have confirmed to play:

The Dudley Corporation
Jape
House of Mexico

There are more acts to be announced. There will aslo be guest DJ's playing late into the night!

www.myspace.com/arthurleedublin

that's an amazingly good idea, I know for sure he hadn't thought of that at all.

rowdy row tinka said:
they should all be made play a Love cover each.

They’re locking them up today

They’re throwing away the key

I wonder who it’ll be tomorrow, you or me?

We’re all normal and we want our freedom

Freedom... freedom... freedom... freedom

Freedom... freedom... freedom... freedom

Freedom...

rowdy row tinka may not be happy about this, but I'm delighted to announce the one and only Mighty Stef has joined the line up.

Stan Bowles said:
rowdy row tinka may not be happy about this, but I'm delighted to announce the one and only Mighty Stef has joined the line up.
post the full lineup and i'll edit the first post

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back