Art Truck (1 Viewer)

snakybus said:
Get No Sweat to play.

Aw fooey.. I read all the way down, getting more and more excited that no one had made the No Sweat joke, then Snaky snaked it in near the end....

The Quo did it too... can't remember but logic would suggest it was the Rockin' All Over the World video...

The Fall kind of did it on the Free Range video.... it was more of a Land Rover thingy...

Buckrake said:
Aw fooey.. I read all the way down, getting more and more excited that no one had made the No Sweat joke, then Snaky snaked it in near the end....

The Quo did it too... can't remember but logic would suggest it was the Rockin' All Over the World video...

The Fall kind of did it on the Free Range video.... it was more of a Land Rover thingy...

..whats the difference between a land rover and a range rover anyways? can you only drive one on the range where deer play?

Latex lizzie said:
..whats the difference between a land rover and a range rover anyways? can you only drive one on the range where deer play?

Land Rover has a bigger cam shaft.

P. Littbarski said:
whaarabout a gay sauna float ? It's all the rage I hear.
Not a bad idea. Steamy windows and all that.

I'd say Saint Patrick was into his gay saunas.

And Saint Patrick doth entered the gay sauna naked except for the holy shroud and the incense.

billygannon said:
And Saint Patrick doth entered the gay sauna naked except for the holy shroud and the incense.
And lo, once Saint Patrick noticed the presence of many, many large snakes, he waited 15 minutes in embarresed silence whilst his incense stick died a whimpering death, and then slowly shuffled out the door.

He was last seen on a ship heading towards America.

P. Littbarski said:
whaarabout a gay sauna float ?
We actually talked about a giant aquarium with lots of old fashioned
divers.

'hey mammy, look! that divers waving at me!'

covers childs eyes

' he's not waving darling'

Em... okay... here's what the deal as far as I know... there's four of us involved at the moment: John O'Neill, Sarah, Pawel Grabowski and myself. We're still sorting out who is doing what, but that'll be sorted over time. We're all doing work on it though.

This is going to be really expensive to do. So we're probably going to roll it out (like the proper Art Truck) in the Summer of 2005. What we want is a 40 foot low-loader trailer as this will allow the trailer to open out into a stage area and be used for various other activities. Low-loader trailers are more expensive than regular ones though.

There will be efforts over the coming months to try and get a trailer of some description for a couple of events next Summer. It'll probably be some kind of flat trailer, which is cheaper but not as versatile.

There are a heap of expenses to think about_:

>The actual truck

>Accomodation and travel costs for performing artists

>Insurance and fuel costs

>Living expenses for the people actually manning the truck over the Summer

>Equipment such as a drum kit, PA system, amps etc.

...and there's other costs to think about.

So yeah... the plan for the next 18 or 19 months is to do a series of fund-raising events for this. Everything from gigs to exhibitions to sponsored stuff like running a marathon. Just basically anything to raise cash for this. And any help is greatly appreciated.

There's also lots of efforts being made into trying to raise funding from various sources such as private businesses and governmental bodies. We'll also be setting up a company for this in the next few weeks.

There has been heaps of interest in this already and we've got a lot of support from the FMC and from various arts officers around the country.

So yeah... this is a bit of a runner. But it's definitely worth the time and effort.

Sarah's not on the web that much these days, but I'd say she'll be on in the next couple of days and will be able to flesh these things out more. She can be contacted at [email protected]. As I said this is all I know - it's still in it's infancy but hopefully it'll work out.

i know this is totally the wrong place to start debate, but with the money (the figure i remember you saying to me anyway) you'll need to fund a truck, would you not consider trying to open/start an art space somewhere?

andrew

TESTAROSSA said:
i know this is totally the wrong place to start debate, but with the money (the figure i remember you saying to me anyway) you'll need to fund a truck, would you not consider trying to open/start an art space somewhere?

andrew
It's definitely an idea...the Blackfort Gallery was trying to be that, but the rent proved to be an obstacle. The Hope Collective nearly got that in the mid-90's... and it's an ambition of the FMC. To do a fully-functional and decent space is a really big deal and it'd be more expensive than this truck (you're talking about hundreds of thousands as opposed to tens of thousands). The truck is basically using a cheaper venue.

Still... there are some around... the Ark centre for kids in Temple Bar is one... it's a pity that the Warzone place closed down, but they may get something in the future. And then there's stuff like Spacecraft and Disco Disco (although they are actually gaffs!). Basically there's a lot of other folk who are putting together art spaces - and the more, the better.

This truck is really just a mobile art space... the hope is to bring art and music to places that usually wouldn't see it - kind of like that Baltic Sea boat that Felix Kubin is involved with.

And you never know... it can go abroad as well. So you might see it at Glastonbury!

thegoone said:
art in ireland generally around the cities my eye

youve obviously not seen some of the films being made with animals in
the country
artistic genius

I dont suppose you happend to star in any of those?

cunzer ye oul bollix
you an your limerick ganglord howyeh mates put up the money
for screenplay and production of a few of the films
and your boyfriend was the star of the anal monkey cow scene

you already know the answer
therefore its a retardorical question

answer : 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back