Arrests in New York 'attack plot' (2 Viewers)

"My insurance wasn't good enough," said Lord McWilliams, 20, who has a deadly liver disease.
His brother, David Williams, wanted money "to speed up the process," McWilliams said. "Medicaid only goes so far."

He dismissed as "crazy" federal accusations that Williams was a Jew-hater who wanted to wage jihad.

McWilliams said the FBI informant who lured his brother and three other hapless petty criminals into a plot to blow up synagogues and shoot down a plane promised enough money to take care of his transplant.

"[My brother] told me, 'Don't worry, when you go to the doctor, tell them you got money,'" McWilliams said.
McWilliams, who has already had his spleen removed, said his brother told him he would have $20,000 for the operation.

Their mother, Elizabeth McWilliams, said her older son had told her he would be able to give her a wad of cash Thursday, which was the day after the terrorist plot was to have been carried out.

"He was a loving, sweet kid. He took his brother's illness worse than me," she said.

Lord McWilliams said the informant, who often drove his brother to the hospital to visit, even promised to take him to Universal Studios when he was well again.

"He said I didn't have to pay for nothing," McWilliams said.

Federal prosecutors say Williams, 28; James Cromitie, 44; Laguerre Payen, 27, and Onta Williams, 32, all of upstate Newburgh, were militant Muslims caught on tape railing against Jews and plotting to blow up Jewish temples.
They were arrested last Wednesday while planting what they thought were plastic explosives outside two Riverdale synagogues.

They also had a Stinger missile - phony, supplied by the FBI - with which they allegedly planned to shoot down a military plane. Family and friends say the four were down-on-their luck ex-cons who apparently thought they would be paid by the FBI informant.

In dozens of interviews around Newburgh, no one can remember hearing any of the four talk of Jews or jihad. They had converted to Islam in prison, but they drank beer, ate pork and rarely prayed, family members said

Sad story, and the informant has obviously led them on.

Spend much time with criminals and you'll see that anyone accused of anything has a reason why they're innocent, or why it's someone else's fault.

They still knowningly engaged in a plot to kill innocent people though, even though it looks like they're not textbook Jihadists. And saying you were willing to kill people for money but you have a sick brother does not hold much truck with the courts.

Their lawyer should go for entrapment, but from what I read, the courts have ruled against such a defence in these cases previously.

The stupid and the impressionable can be dangerous.
Richard Reid and that white kid last year in England that blew up the coffee shop were idiots too.

ah well. another classic for the annals of bogus terror plots. the important thing is that everyone except a few rabid liberals who actually looked into the details will remember the triumphant foiling of a big ol' crazy bomb plot and not that the whole thing was entirely orchestrated by the feds.

ah well. another classic for the annals of bogus terror plots. the important thing is that everyone except a few rabid liberals who actually looked into the details will remember the triumphant foiling of a big ol' crazy bomb plot and not that the whole thing was entirely orchestrated by the feds.

History's written by the winners.
It was ever thus.

DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE TO BE A DICK ABOUT IT

anyway-

First they came for the 7- No Tomorrows, and I did not speak out--
because I was not a
7- No Tomorrow;
Then they came for the Noolys, and I did not speak out--
because I was not a Nooly;
Then they came for the Froogs, and I did not speak out--
because I was not a Froog;
Then they came for the Damn Dirty Jews, and I did not speak out--
because I was not a Damn Dirty Jew;
Then they came for me--
and it was all on Thumped, so it was ok.

no-one's coming for the jews, donal, they control everyone now. you didn't even read the thread, did you?

Well, I looked at one of the pictures and then took a list of everyone that contributed so far, and then created a bastardised version of that famous historical message.
Reading back through the rest of the thread, it does seem to be in context- sometimes you get lucky I suppose

DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE TO BE A DICK ABOUT IT

anyway-

First they came for the 7- No Tomorrows, and I did not speak out--
because I was not a
7- No Tomorrow;
Then they came for the Noolys, and I did not speak out--
because I was not a Nooly;
Then they came for the Froogs, and I did not speak out--
because I was not a Froog;
Then they came for the Damn Dirty Jews, and I did not speak out--
because I was not a Damn Dirty Jew;
Then they came for me--
and it was all on Thumped, so it was ok.

it's beautiful.

cody2.jpg

Sad story, and the informant has obviously led them on.

Spend much time with criminals and you'll see that anyone accused of anything has a reason why they're innocent, or why it's someone else's fault.

you sound fairly stupid/impressionable yourself

have you ever dissected a criminal's brain? i hear it's full of precipitated evil. trust no one, friends

exposed_brain.jpg

a criminal brain, yesterday.

note the abnormally large concentration of reasons why they are innocent, accompanied by an unusally over-developed region of why it's someone else's fault.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back