ARENA ART WITH FANNY DIGGIS (1 Viewer)

Osama Van Halen

FANNY DIGGIS 'RE-IMAGINES' MODERN DANCE AND THE SPACIAL DEMENSIONS OF THE NATIONAL BASKETBALL ARENA, TALLAGHT.

I WAS TOLD IT WAS AN OPERA. DISGRACEFULLY MISLEADING.

ANYONE HERE GO TO THAT THING ON SATURDAY??

ANYONE KNOW HOW MUCH IT COST??

ANYONE TELL ME HOW ON EARTH IT WAS GIVEN THE GO-AHEAD??

ANYONE EXPLAIN WHY THE DANCERS WERE DREADFUL??

SERIOUSLY. IT DIDN'T WORK. THERE WAS PEOPLE WANDERING ALL OVER THE PLACE AND GETTIN YELPED AT FOR DOING SO. I'D SAY 75% OF THE CROWD COULDN'T SEE WHAT WAS GOIN' ON. I COULD AND WAS UNDERWHELMED TO THE POINT OF LAUGHTER...

THE BURNT OUT MOPED, THE BURNT OUT IDEAS...

GLAD I WENT COZ IT WAS SO MENTAL.

THIS IS WHY ART HAS SUCH A BAD NAME..AQUANNDO!!

Is this a joke thread? I can't tell anymore...

I can't take any of this OSAMA assholery seriously while it's still in full caps and has AQUANDO at the end of it...

it's like if you watched Barney the dinosaur, and then one day tuned in and Barney was trying to wean an underage prostitute off crack... a noble thought, but it's still a dumb fuck in a purple dinosaur suit

Pantone247 said:

I can't take any of this OSAMA assholery seriously while it's still in full caps and has AQUANDO at the end of it...

it's like if you watched Barney the dinosaur, and then one day tuned in and Barney was trying to wean an underage prostitute off crack... a noble thought, but it's still a dumb fuck in a purple dinosaur suit
I'M IN PANTS ONE POO FOR HEAVEN.

NO IT'S NOT A JOKE. SAMMY'S A JOKE. FIGGIS REALLY DID DO SOMETHING WEIRD IN THE ARENA.

THE BARNEY BIT IS JUST BARMY.

WHADDA YA GOT AGAINST CAPS??

ALLAHQUAAANNNDO!!!

Pantone247 said:

i heard it was pretty crap form someone else for the very same reasons. bad use of space etc.

osama has strong and valid opinions on people chancing their arm at arty crap.

TIS A GOOD OUL' ALBUM ALRIGHT... AND I SUPPOSE THERE WAS A COUPLE OF INTERESTING NOTIONS IN 'THE BANQUET'.... IT WAS JUST SO BAFFLING AND HAD SO MANY BITS THAT DIDN'T WORK.

ANY TIME I'VE TRIED TO EXPLAIN IT I'VE HAD TO DRAW EXTENSIVE DIAGRAMS. THAT'S A FIRST. THERE COULD HAVE BEEN A BREIF EXPLANATION OF HOW THE AUDIENCE COULD WATCH THE PERFORMANCE. THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN HELPFULL. THEY COULD HAVE DONE IT WHILE WE WERE WAITING AN EXTRA HOUR FOR IT TO START!! ANYONE DO A LITTLE RUN THROUGH TO NOTICE THAT THE DANCERS WERE ON GROUND LEVEL (MOSTLY ROLLING ON THE GROUND) AND THAT HARDLY ANY OF THE CROWD COULD SEE THEM? DIDN'T THINK SO.

I HEARD MOST PEOPLE SAY 'THAT'S ART FOR YOU' WHEN ASKED WHAT WAS GOIN' ON. AND THAT'S JUST TYPICAL. PEOPLE TRYING TO DO THINGS THEY HAVEN'T THOUGHT OUT PROPERLY AND THEY END UP CONFUSING EVERYBODY AND RE-INFORCING THE PUBLIC NOTIONS OF ANYTHING ARTISTIC BEING SILLY, UNINTELLIGABLE OR 'SHIT' AS THEY SAY.

WANT SOME SUPPORTING EVIDENCE??....GO TO THE HUGH LANE AND LOOK AT THE STEAMIN' PILE OF BOLLOX THEY HAVE IN THE NEW BIG WING.
RUBBISH. EVERYONE WHO DID MECHANICAL DRAWING OR WOODWORK IN SECONDARY SCHOOL HAS THE SAME SHIT SOMEWHERE IN THEIR PARENT'S ATTIC. BORING IS TOO EXCITING A WORD.

I COMMEND SOUTH COOUNTY BLAH BLAH FOR PUTTIN ON A WEEK OF ART'S SHTUFF FOR THE PUBLIC. I'M A CLONDALKIN BOY BORN AND BRED AND THERE'S NEVER ANYTHING FOR ANYONE TO DO OUT THERE. BUT JESUS CHRIST THIS KIND OF THING IS JUST A WASTE OF MONEY. BUY SOME BOOKS FOR THE KIDS, ALL THE ASTERIX HAVE BEEN ROBBED FROM THE LIBRARY.

AND PANTSDOWN 11811...NO BEEFS, I HEAR YOU'RE A COOL GUY. YOU SHOULD KNOW BY NOW THIS IS HOW I ROLL. ART/MOVING ART/STORY TELLING/ AND MAKIN' SURE THE PUBLIC UNDERSTAND STUFF IS MY JOB. I'M REALLY FUCKIN' GOOD AT IT TOO.

ALLAHQUAANNNDO!!!

Everything Mark says is true. It was a shambolic experience. Nobody could see anything. I thought the ideas were great, and the music (if the sound quality hadn't been so poor) sounded amazing, as expected. In general: great ideas poorly executed in an unsuitable setting.[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

He only says that because there was no Basketball in it

I thought the music sounded potentially great...
and it's something I could imagine enjoying in a nicer space with fewer people and better co-ordination e.g. not having to watch a middle aged large dude in a tracksuit lighting sparklers on a tree in what was supposed to be a particularly atmospheric scene

Man, I wish Danny would stop messing around with these 'art' happenings and get his head down and record some new music.
In the meantime, he should release the lost Big Cat album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back