Arcade Fire EP (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter yimi
  • Start date
  • Replies 23
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 2

yimi

Anyone on here heard it. I heard a couple of songs on the radio and was impressed enough to consider a purchase. Is it as good as the album and worth 12 quid? It was done prior to Funeral I heard.

Zeelander said:
I'd like to get it, but I'd rather spend €12 on one sale price album and some sweets.

I'm happily singing along to Funeral right now. The tunes off the ep sound good to me. I say buy it.

Should be great at the electric picnic too.

I prefered Funeral myself but then again i've only listened to the e.p twice.

yimi said:
Anyone on here heard it. I heard a couple of songs on the radio and was impressed enough to consider a purchase. Is it as good as the album and worth 12 quid? It was done prior to Funeral I heard.

yeah its worth it. different to funeral but interestingly different. nice odd vocals lyrics rythyms and melodies. what more can you ask for? 7 songs - come in at about 35 mins i think? not all quality but definitely worth the asking price. tower are selling it for 10.99. tripoli. i'm about to post that minus the bear comp to you. sorry about the delay. :eek:

No probs, I understand your busy! Cheers dude, I'll look forward to it.

Donkey OJ said:
yeah its worth it. different to funeral but interestingly different. nice odd vocals lyrics rythyms and melodies. what more can you ask for? 7 songs - come in at about 35 mins i think? not all quality but definitely worth the asking price. tower are selling it for 10.99. tripoli. i'm about to post that minus the bear comp to you. sorry about the delay. :eek:

Zeelander said:
You are ruler of my heart right now, so what you say goes Wheels. :heart: that comp CD. Will you be out tonight or would that be Jimmy Cake overload? There's nothing sexier than Jimmy Cake overload. Errrr...

Yay, glad you like it. I reckon I'll be going back for another serving of cake after that delicious portion I had last night.

Cake and beer. Yum.

are arcade fire playin the saturday or sunday at ep
i just realised i'm not gonna be in Ireland on the saturday so can only make the sunday
please tell me they''re playin sunday

JohnnyBlue said:
are arcade fire playin the saturday or sunday at ep
i just realised i'm not gonna be in Ireland on the saturday so can only make the sunday
please tell me they''re playin sunday

Maybe if you asked them nicely they might switch....:eek:

no cars go is the best track on it. its nice, but not as good as funeral, but few things are really.

I have, Leagues was playing it on Pet Sounds last week. It's good, very slow like 7 Kettles.

I've heard that there is a chance that this week it'll be the first single in forever to get into the UK charts on the strength of 7'' sales alone.

the e.p is better than the album.
there are lovely accordians and the like on the e.p. - apparently they kicked out some members after that e.p. and became the modest new orderesque bland band that recorded the album. strangely, the album was recorded at godspeeds studio/living space:confused: i hope the constallation vibe hasn't been sullied by the arcade fire...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back