Aranos 28th Nov @ Lazybird (1 Viewer)

nEiLo

Website
www.lazybird.org
ARANOS
time 8.30

support and price TBC

aranos_lazybird.gif

Sunday the 28th sees the return to lazybird of Aranos. We had a unique experience last time Aranos visited, in the form of a 10 minute improvisation involving everyone in attendance (gongs and shakers were supplied)! We soon found out however, that this was only an introduction to Aranos and were subsequently treated to a more traditional (Bohemian) set, with Aranos playing violin and singing. In this respect, the performance as a whole contrasted between experimental and traditional, so it would be hard to say what he has in store for us this time.... musically anyway. A repeat of the same quality is assured however!

Aranos will be promoting / releasing his latest album Tangomango - "a dance record, record to dance tango to; vertically, horizontally, obliquely, directly, indirectly, physically or mentally. If disinclined to dance, try eating a mango or two while listening to it."

For more on Aranos, check out brainwashed. There's this great video there that even has footage of when Aranos played at lazybird - check this out!

BIO:
Aranos (pronounced aranyosh) was born in Bohemia (now a part of Czech Republic). He has performed as a singer and instrumentalist since the age of 8 in folk ensembles, jazz bands, rock groups, gypsy bands, ceilidh bands and as a solo artist. Written and composed in various styles from classical music to rock.

He has performed and composed in dissident theatres in former Czechoslovakia. Aranos sings and plays violin, viola, cello, bass, guitar, mandolin, piano, keyboards, banjo, Chinese and Japanese flutes, santoor, drums, percussion, etc.

Aranos has recorded Traditional Irish, East European, gypsy and folk albums and CDs. Recently concentrating on experimental electro acoustic music mostly recorded in his own 24 track recording studio and released in Great Britain and France.

Aranos has written soundtracks to videos and fllms as well as theatre e.g. Spell of the Megamall: a multimedia production with Theatre Omnibus and Disabled People of Clare and Spirit: an experimental electro acoustic tone poem mini opera in collaboration with a renown writer and poet Max Hafler.

In live shows Aranos plays violin and sings with a backing he recorded himself, performing East European gypsy music and song and compositions from his recent CDs. For a video of a live performance along with a personal interview, see the visuals section.

Aranos collaborates on a regular basis with Steven Stapleton of Nurse With Wound, David Tibet and Current 93, and has recorded albums with Jon Mueller and Chris Rosenau of Pele/Collections of Colonies of Bees and Crouton and El Monte (Nick Mott of Volcano the Bear).

Listening to Aranos is kind of like sitting in a drifting rowing boat in the middle of the Black Sea with no oars to steer you.

nEiLo said:
well yiz all missed Steve "Nurse with Wound" Stapleton join Aranos on stage...
i didn't! i was there!

very enjoyable gig, and i must say i enjoyed getting to whirl a rattle around as part of our collective percuss-a-thon.

nEiLo said:
that was a cheap shot Neilo. everyone there joined Aranos 'on stage'

I see Lazyburd (as we call the club here on the Northside) have Jimmy Edgar (a Warp Records act, nerds of Dublin unite) playing at their club on the 12th of December.

Thayl said:
I see Lazyburd (as we call the club here on the Northside) have Jimmy Edgar (a Warp Records act, nerds of Dublin unite) playing at their club on the 12th of December.

we're all northsiders wha'?

yeah Jimmy Edgar. his ep is very good. it's our 4th burthday bash in Mother Redcaps... now where did i put that thread....

nEiLo said:
shit. was gonna hang around for this after shellac sat night an all but was too wrecked.

nEiLo said:
Really!!? What did Stapleton get up to? Just take a bow? Or did he play a bit?
That's nuts! The man hasn't taken to the stage in about 20 years!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back