Appliances Of Your Youth. (2 Viewers)

barcode_battler.jpg

Everyone got one of these free with texaco points or something. I still don't understand how it works.

I still have one of these. That's the extent of our electronic home entertainment chez Lolo.

we had one of those. Setting it up, tuning it in etc was always a major operation. We even had the gun that was supposed to shoot the dot on the screen. Never worked properly. We ended up cutting the wire off and just playing with it.

Hey Milker, you had one of those in your flat up til the late 90s. I'll never forget the dubbing segue between an episode of Twin Peaks and The Simpsons meant that Maggie beeping the horn in the opening titles played the opening "bum-bummm" notes of the Twin Peaks theme.

Great days.

Ah witness-bearer to all things great and small...'tis true..'twas seamless..and, gadzooks, surely you, w your stock of knowhow, could recreate said double-taping..piece of piss, i would've thought, for one so appellated as yourself.

Amstrad_CPC_6128.jpg

I still think Jet Set Willy II is the greatest game ever made. We didn't have any of those fancy soda streams, teas maids or the like but we wanted them all. That girl in the Soda Stream ad at about 18 seconds could go in the horn for thread if I cound find out how to do a screen grab.

Do computer games consoles count as "appliances" though? Here's a real appliance of my youth - this even looks like my ma's carpet and skirting board in the 80s:

nilfisk.jpg

Not appliances but does anyone still have an embossed gold-coloured coal box? a ceramic of a dude in a hat writing or drawing on a tablet, a weird shaped brown bottle covered in goldy chains?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back