Apostasy? (1 Viewer)

drkdrk

Website
www.myspace.com
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostasy

Just saw this in the communion thread. Didn't know this was an option.
Had an argument with a friend, around the time of the last census, as to wether or not i'm supposed to tick catholic or not. i ticked not and he ticked catholic dispite being more or less an atheist. his argument was that the church had a record of you as a catholic, therefore...

Hadn't thaught about it since. Has anyone doen it (Gambra, saw your post but would love to hear more)?
But it also begs the question, why bother? If, when i was a child, i signed a pact with friends to be fairy worshipper is that not as binding/meaningless as something in a church?

unless catholics become identified as a biopolitical strain to be eliminated from the population, it doesn't really make any difference what the state records you as.

but there are other reasons for bothering. the idea of the three ritual iniations into the church - baptism, eucharist, confirmation - is to make a public declaration of joining in a community of faith. that's why they do it when you're too young to know any better, but there is surely an equally important symbolic content to apostasy.
of course, it would need to be public. so you could hire a nice car, maybe an el dorado, put on a pink tuxedo, and walk down the aisle of your parish church during 12 o'clock mass, step on to the altar, hand your apostasy form over to the pater, do an a capella of 'hells bells' while skateboarding back down the aisle, then have a massive Apostasy Party with your heathen hellbound mates.
yknow?

I would love to do this. The notion of being a lapsed or failed
anything is bullshit. This crap was thrust upon me. Or the perception that I have lost my 'faith' is nobodies business but mine.

I mean, this religion has the audacity to maintain that homosexuals are less spiritual then anyone else. Yet we are all
aware of the notoriety of catholic priests.

horseshit.

I believe (I BELEEEEVE!) Pete has a form that you can fill out which formally get's you out of the church.
He's linked to it before. It's somewhere within the Thumped website.

i presume they send you something back to confirm receipt if you ask. fearing the eternal flames of hell as i do, i haven't actually sent my form in yet

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=teMlv3ripSM"]YouTube - Monty Python - Argument Clinic[/ame]

Only just noticed the thread now, there's not much more I can add to it but it was dang hard when I did it. I didn't get any receipt or anything like that which leads me to believe that I never was even deregistered or whatever.. Prick of a priest I dealt with..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back