anyone out there into trad? (1 Viewer)

DI-da-diddly-AYE-da diddly-YIP-da diddly-YUP-da diddly,etc, etc

Percussion with cutlery.

Nasal acapella.

Assorted slapping of thighs.

Girls in impractical dresses made out of gaudily-coloured cardboard, dancing in black clogs, with ringlets bouncing around their head in a manner reminiscent of the Brownian Motion of particles suspended in a cup of hot tea, in a Volkswagen Beatle with no suspension, driving down a staircase, in a tumble drier on fast spin. During an earthquake.

Songs that start with "As I was walking down to the fair..." and end with "Tooramaloor-eye-aye"

that sort of thing? love it.

broken arm said:
early bothy band is great. they have an album called "Old Hag you have killed me"
hah! jaysus, they do and all. Begob. And here was me thinkin you were only messin, like.

images_discography_bothyband_oldhagyouhavekilledme.gif

broken arm said:
early bothy band is great. they have an album called "Old Hag you have killed me"

lots and lots of other greats
this is the funniest thing i have heard all week.

my interest in trad extends no further than de dannan - we used get cds of theirs for christmas every year for years cos my uncle was in them.
apart from the year he released a solo bodhran album called 'an bodhran' - then we got that instead.
de dannan's cover of 'bohemian rhapsody' was the best thing they ever did.

who was that band - bashi bazooks or something :confused:. you used to catch then playing around spiddle and kerry years ago. I think i used to like them

broken arm said:
who was that band - bashi bazooks or something :confused:. you used to catch then playing around spiddle and kerry years ago. I think i used to like them
you're confusing them with someone else. bashi bazooks was a terible rock band an ex-girlfriend of mine's brother was in.

you cant beat a night of songs about hating the english, potatoes and poitin. Serriously though, anyone interested in getting into trad could do a lot worse than getting their paws on planxty/christy moores early stuff. Mighty stuff altegether...shure throw anydder dog on the fire an come over an ligh me pipe biddy; ive a fierce longin fer ya

JohnnyRaz said:
you cant beat a night of songs about hating the english, potatoes and poitin. Serriously though, anyone interested in getting into trad could do a lot worse than getting their paws on planxty/christy moores early stuff. Mighty stuff altegether...shure throw anydder dog on the fire an come over an ligh me pipe biddy; ive a fierce longin fer ya
the english ain't so bad. it's the monarchy and the londeners that deserve whipping. seriously, bristol and west-country folk are totally sound. like much sounder than people from dublin in anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back