Anyone know anything about... (1 Viewer)

sir richard bishop is one of sun city girls,improvised acoustic stuff.
wooden wand and the vanishing voise are a free folk band,might have mp3s or something on troubleman unlimited since they just put a record out on that label?

saw sir richard bishop supporting dev banhart. instrumental acoustic shenanigans. no singing along for you there i'm afraid.

espers are some oddball folk/noisewank racket i think.

they played amsterdam on friday. only caught about half an hour of them, as they were sandwiched between earth and sunn o (interesting contrast). 6 of them, complete with cellist. very low-key, acoustic set which sounded quite good. have been listening the the self titled album for the last week and it is indeed quality.

shitepipe said:
Sir Richard Bishop?
Espers?
Wooden Wand and the Vanishing Voice?

They're playing with Earth and Sunn O))) on friday and want to listen to some of there shit beforehand so i can, y'know, sing along...

Where dis on??

www.woodenwand.com
Wooden Wand are pretty cool.
Sunno)))) are shite though!!!.

shitepipe said:
....sunno o))) were crazy live, like some kind of performance art more than anything...

They`re alot of good performance art out there - Sunno are`nt one of them though.
God they`ve sold ALOT of fucking records....limited this...limited that...

I`m not a big fan of them(as you would have guessed).Heard alot better noise/drone stuff...

the espers debut on time-lag is fantastic perfectly realized olde tymey folk with an eerie edge. dulcimers and wind instruments and male/ female vocals. mr bishops stuff with and without sun city girls is top notch too (ths scg stuff often hit or miss though) - check out his improvika lp on bo- weavil from the uk

shitepipe said:
all the sets from this gig are now online if yez're interested.

http://3voor12.vpro.nl/3voor12/archief/index.jsp?showme=concerts

a little down the page, date 03-03-2006

is this downloadable? i'm missing a mystery plug-in so can't even hear it. any advice gratefully received. i need to hear it!

his latitudes cd is just out on southern and it's amazing. almost the exact set he played supporting the hairy fairy last year, minus the gocher and scg songs.

http://www.southern.net/southern/band/RICHB/21507.php

Unknown Convict said:
is this downloadable? i'm missing a mystery plug-in so can't even hear it. any advice gratefully received. i need to hear it!

his latitudes cd is just out on southern and it's amazing. almost the exact set he played supporting the hairy fairy last year, minus the gocher and scg songs.

http://www.southern.net/southern/band/RICHB/21507.php

its streaming- Real Player. you probably have to download realplayer. You can record it using Audacity or some such program. I'm gonna try record all the sets soon, if you're on soulseek i can upload them to you..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back