Anyone get September's issue of Sound on Sound? (1 Viewer)

GrRrrrR said:
Missed out on it.. anyone finished reading theirs?

who was in it?

I've tried to stop buying it as of last month or so... on account of it cost a fortune and I only understand every second article and it really doesn't matter wether one 5K pre amp is better then another cause I'll never be able to afford any of them anyhow.

Also the classic tracks were getting really sucky...

[/whinge]

brian eno's studio doesnt look all that flash does it? i thought he'd have something more along the lines of peter gabriels spaceship. there was no sign of the anti-jazz raygun he played on robert wyatts "ruth is stranger than richard" album either. i like reading about peoples studios and then looking at the product reviews to see if theres anything like the cool gear in the studio I just read about as if i might actually buy it and have some reason to then use it. i like looking at the plugin reviews too and then seeing if they can be downloaded illegally. i dont get sos much anymore either though.

david bowies "heroes" was in classic tracks recently enough wasnt it? maybe it was ages ago now... it was cool anyway.

Miss Piggy said:
david bowies "heroes" was in classic tracks recently enough wasnt it? maybe it was ages ago now... it was cool anyway.

that was cool, all about the mic's being placed around the room for vox and the gates turning them on and off... reading about 10cc's logical song was not cool...

Eno's been rubbish since he stopped wearing the make up...

actually I will give SOS props for the bit where they send the boys round to fix someones home studio, even thought the chocolate biccy *gag* has been run well into the ground...

Pantone247 said:
that was cool, all about the mic's being placed around the room for vox and the gates turning them on and off... reading about 10cc's logical song was not cool...

Eno's been rubbish since he stopped wearing the make up...

actually I will give SOS props for the bit where they send the boys round to fix someones home studio, even thought the chocolate biccy *gag* has been run well into the ground...

i still get a giggle from that. i love when someone forgets to get biscuits or has non-chocolate ones, rare though it is.

i loved the bit in heroes where fripp had the map on the floor for where to stand to get a particular note in feedback. that is savage guitaring on that song.

Miss Piggy said:
i like reading about peoples studios and then looking at the product reviews to see if theres anything like the cool gear in the studio I just read about as if i might actually buy it and have some reason to then use it

Problem is, people put some awful stuff in their studios.
:D

Miss Piggy said:
i still get a giggle from that. i love when someone forgets to get biscuits or has non-chocolate ones, rare though it is.

I often wonder what they'd do to the place where I record things (I won't call the back of my sitting room s studio, I just won't)... probably burn it down...

Miss Piggy said:
i loved the bit in heroes where fripp had the map on the floor for where to stand to get a particular note in feedback. that is savage guitaring on that song.

course you had Eno on the suit case synth, probably in full make up and ostrich feathers, mucking about with the guitar as it went down... such a deadly idea, processing the sound as it's played, I wonder did Fripp ever want to twat Eno

Pantone247 said:
I wonder did Fripp ever want to twat Eno

thats an interesting question.
i'd like a load of cool synths with patchcords and knobs etc. i call my bedroom (or wherever i have my computer and bits and pieces) my "studio". it was for fun initially but now its stuck. ive named it too - The Cosmic Tones Mobile Clinic - after sun ra's comic tones for mental therapy album.

Miss Piggy said:
my "studio". it was for fun initially but now its stuck. ive named it too - The Cosmic Tones Mobile Clinic - after sun ra's comic tones for mental therapy album.

ha ha that's deadly!

if I had to call my 'studio' anything it'd be Awsome Towers

:)

is there any where/way folk can hear your 'shit', as they say?

Pantone247 said:
ha ha that's deadly!

if I had to call my 'studio' anything it'd be Awsome Towers

:)

is there any where/way folk can hear your 'shit', as they say?

umm... if you like...
here, here, here, here, and maybe here

theyre old and recorded before i upgraded the studio (ie recorded them with the sisters tape deck) :eek:

i want to get one of these next

Igor said:
Jaysus! couldn't live in one of those, you'd get the horrors!

get this bit...
Quantum Sleepers can also be fitted to provide protection from destructive forces of nature such as tornados, hurricanes, earthquakes and floods.

tornados and hurricanes i can kinda believe up to a point but floods! no way i'd brave a serious flood in those yokes. and i doubt theyd be much good in buildings collapsing during an earthquake.

i wonder has enya seen this? i must send her the link. did you hear some mentalist broke in to her castle and tied up the maid and tried to get enya too but she locked herself in the saferoom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back