anybody seen Republic of Loose live lately? (1 Viewer)

They were fucking amazing the last time I saw them in the Academy. Tbh I haven't been to a bad gig by them and I've seen them at least 6 times. Even if you weren't too big a fan of their records, live they are fucking unreal.

I wanna see this band..I like their records.

Gazz, they are fucking ace. I was just thinking of you there as someone who'd really dig them live. I think my favourite time seeing them was a "Secret" show in Eamon Doran's a few years ago. It was just incredible.

Thats mad..you're the first person I know who has said that..WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT ABOUT?

I reckon they rip it up live.

Yeah man,I'm a fan alright....am defo gonna try get to their next show now.

Can everyone I know start telling me about ALL the great bands they've seen please.

Thanks in advance.

They were fucking amazing the last time I saw them in the Academy. Tbh I haven't been to a bad gig by them and I've seen them at least 6 times. Even if you weren't too big a fan of their records, live they are fucking unreal.

my concern is that a couple of members have left (i think?) and i was wondering if maybe they've lost a bit of edge cos of that. have you seen them since the re-jigged line-up?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I was watching the late late that night(I never miss tbh...even still).

I felt terrible for for the lads...what a fuck up.Made me love them though.

I loved the AAAGH!. It's like a greatest hits.

They have loads of great tunes that work on the radio. Any opinions to why they haven't (to my knowledge) had much success outside of Ireland?

Image?
Lack of big money behind them?

I loved the AAAGH!. It's like a greatest hits.

They have loads of great tunes that work on the radio. Any opinions to why they haven't (to my knowledge) had much success outside of Ireland?

Image?
Lack of big money behind them?

In fairness it's hard to sell sexy music when you present yourself like they do. Maroon 5 on on the other hand...

Yup, they're on the radio a good bit in South Africa and France AFAIK. They're savage live. The new stuff I've heard so far with the new lads sounds way more experimental...less radio friendly, but fracking awesome for it. I think it could be their best stuff. They're recording it in Baltimore at the moment. Mik is sober for a long while now and the live show incredibly slick/impressive.

Mik's been playing guitar in this band too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBydJeAGwbU

they are a pile of shite

phew

I wanted to say the same thing, but what with all the good will and positivity towards them I felt it might be churlish. But now that the ice is broken...

I saw them play once in RTE doing a dreadful cover of a Dolly Parton song. I dont get the attraction. Fair play to them for the succes theyve had- although I'm mystified how they acheived it

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back