any rangers fans? (2 Viewers)

Here's an amazing picture of lots of Rangers fans being totally dead-on at the old firm match on Saturday. If you open it as a link you should be able to zoom in too.

34sksjq.jpg

Somebody give me a shout next time they see a Celtic fan doing a Nazi salute and not getting the shit beat out of him by other Celtic fans. It's a good thing Artur Boruc isn't allowed to bless himself on the pitch or the Rangers fans might start throwing Zyklon-B at him.
Never being to an old firm match but that picture is like almost

great pic and I love u Cormack :heart:

awful but rangers (appalingly bad) supporters being fascist idiots doesn't make supporting celtic (still bad) palatable just because they are worse.

It does tend to go a way towards invalidating the bullshit "But aren't both sets of supporters as bad as each other?" argument.

Edit: Also, why can't you just say "I don't like Celtic"? I'll quite happily tell everyone how much I hate ManUre, Chelscum, Nazio, Inter Musilani, Franco Madrid, Red Star Belgicide, etc., but I don't have to find roundabout ways to say it.

awful but rangers (appalingly bad) supporters being fascist idiots doesn't make supporting celtic (still bad) palatable just because they are worse.

Edit no.2: Please explain what "still bad" is actually meant to mean. If you are in fact implying that all Celtic supporters are bad then this is complete bullshit again. I personally would be quite confident that around 90% of Celtic supporters would totally love to see sectarian politics being completely kicked out of the game of football, and would in fact try to stop Sectarian chants at any regular Celtic match. In fact I am a member of a Celtic forum consisting of over 100 people in which 1 person voiced their support of this shit and was immediately told to shut the fuck up or get out of the forum by 50 other people.
So if a small minority of a club's fanbase, who aren't even considered supporters of the club by the majority of the fanbase, refuse to renege on their idiocy, does that mean that it is automatically bad to support that club?
Let me put it another way. Man United have at least 1 racist supporter, who has made a racist comment at some point, still goes to matches, and has inground views. So do Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool, etc etc you get the idea. By the above logic, does this mean that supporting every football club in the world is therefore bad? Because that's what you appear to be saying.

It does tend to go a way towards invalidating the bullshit "But aren't both sets of supporters as bad as each other?" argument.

Edit: Also, why can't you just say "I don't like Celtic"? I'll quite happily tell everyone how much I hate ManUre, Chelscum, Nazio, Inter Musilani, Franco Madrid, Red Star Belgicide, etc., but I don't have to find roundabout ways to say it.
what's the inter-mussilini thing?
didn't he force the club to change their name while he was in power because "internazionale" sounded too, uh, international. they became ambrosini or something? nuh? check me fats i should. but in anyways, mus was a lazio man. if your ire is heading to milan, surely it should be burlesconi's milan and their dodgyness.

what's the inter-mussilini thing?
didn't he force the club to change their name while he was in power because "internazionale" sounded too, uh, international. they became ambrosini or something? nuh? check me fats i should. but in anyways, mus was a lazio man. if your ire is heading to milan, surely it should be burlesconi's milan and their dodgyness.

Na I was just trying to find some fun rhyming name for Inter.
They do have a large fascist support though, especially encouraged by fucking Mijhilovic who I think is actually a trainer there now or something. Bizarre considering they also have the likes of Zanetti who gives money to the Zapatistas!

Na I was just trying to find some fun rhyming name for Inter.
They do have a large fascist support though, especially encouraged by fucking Mijhilovic who I think is actually a trainer there now or something. Bizarre considering they also have the likes of Zanetti who gives money to the Zapatistas!
ah, mijhilovic. what a fucking scumbag. yeah, mancini brought him there with him. i think he might still be playing, he was last year.

argiesa re like that tho, there's a big left wing streak in them, like marradonna or redondo, who refused to accept payment while he was injurded...

Edit no.2: Please explain what "still bad" is actually meant to mean. If you are in fact implying that all Celtic supporters are bad then this is complete bullshit again. I personally would be quite confident that around 90% of Celtic supporters would totally love to see sectarian politics being completely kicked out of the game of football, and would in fact try to stop Sectarian chants at any regular Celtic match. In fact I am a member of a Celtic forum consisting of over 100 people in which 1 person voiced their support of this shit and was immediately told to shut the fuck up or get out of the forum by 50 other people.
So if a small minority of a club's fanbase, who aren't even considered supporters of the club by the majority of the fanbase, refuse to renege on their idiocy, does that mean that it is automatically bad to support that club?
Let me put it another way. Man United have at least 1 racist supporter, who has made a racist comment at some point, still goes to matches, and has inground views. So do Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool, etc etc you get the idea. By the above logic, does this mean that supporting every football club in the world is therefore bad? Because that's what you appear to be saying.

i don't like Celtic. supporting Celtic is even more gutless than supporting Man U. at the moment i don't believe Celtic have a problem with racism but sectarianism is a huge part of the club otherwise they would not have an almost unrivalled support with football fans in ireland. i've never met an Aberdeen or Hibs fan living in ireland have you?
I don't like the the old firm because they ARE sectarian and not supporting them whatsoever is the only was to oppose this.

You just don't like football tell the truth.

And why they're so many Celtic fans here too is don't forget and I am no expert but where Celtic not founded by Irish people?
and while our clubs are so much weaker obviously people took to the romance of Celtic.

Anyway rather take my chances with Celtics "sectarian" fans than a nuke terrorist type guy ;)

i don't like Celtic. supporting Celtic is even more gutless than supporting Man U. at the moment i don't believe Celtic have a problem with racism but sectarianism is a huge part of the club otherwise they would not have an almost unrivalled support with football fans in ireland. i've never met an Aberdeen or Hibs fan living in ireland have you?
I don't like the the old firm because they ARE sectarian and not supporting them whatsoever is the only was to oppose this.

You do realise you pretty much just said "Anyone from Ireland that supports Celtic is sectarian" don't you?
Talking fucking shite in other words.
Janer has actually hit the nail on the head here already, a large proportion of Irish football fans support Celtic because the club was founded by Irish people and has always had strong links with Ireland as a result. I doubt you could find a period of even one year where a Celtic squad did not have any Irish players in the team.
Also in answer to your question, yes I do in fact know a couple of Hibs fans from Belfast, no Aberdeen fans though don't think anyone likes them.
Now you are saying the Old Firm are sectarian. Please explain how the Old Firm are currently sectarian, more importantly please explain how Celtic are sectarian.

Aye Inter actually did play the Zapatistas and everything, Zanetti arranged the match.
Fucking bizarre because they are really well-known in Italy for having a big fasc following, usually considered second only to Nazio.

Aye Inter actually did play the Zapatistas and everything, Zanetti arranged the match.
Fucking bizarre because they are really well-known in Italy for having a big fasc following, usually considered second only to Nazio.

im sure theyre all dead on though really.

dyou think that gazza was inducted into fascism whilst playing for lazio? mihailovic probably took him home to serbia during the summer hols, introduced him to his mate Arkan...............................

Have you seen the SPL lately? The standard is shocking - as bad as the League of Ireland. Paddy McCourt running rings around lads.

The SPL has been a joke for years, but for Smith to pretend that the Old Firm jumping ship will help Scottish football is an insult. This is from the man who quit as national coach while they were on course to qualify for the Euros, to return to his real love. Fair enough, but don't pretend that this Scando/Benelux league they want part of will help Scottish football. Who will care about a league where Hearts and Hibs are the big two? Not even their supporters who will constantly be reminded that they only won the league because the Old Firmers have fucked off to a leg up league. I can't imagine Celtic and Rangers will be content to compete in their new playground with locally bought toys, so before you know it they'd be fielding even more foreign talent that they do now. Where will this leave Scottish football? In the Dustbowl that will be the SPL.

Maybe the remnants of that league should play against Irish football clubs at that point? The standard won't be far off. Walter's waltz is fooling nobody.

A strong Celtic and Rangers means a strong Scotland, no? Yeah it totally smacks of self-preservation, but standards seem to be in a irreversible decline up there at the minute. Anways I don't know where the Old Firm will go, 'cos England doesn't want/need them at the minute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back