any rangers fans? (2 Viewers)

rampz

well me anyway.

fuck all you fenian jambo or whatever your called bastards.

union-jack.gif

gordonramsey.jpg

mhately.jpg

p[ics of mark hately are hard to come by.

wet.jpg

fuck the pope.

i realise this is very childish.

seriously though, i know that when it comes to the old firm on here its usually one sided but does anyone out there genuinely support rangers.

i think we should all be striving to stamp out sectarianism in football.

many years ago before irish culture taught me to to hate and i hadn't heard about all this old firm secterianism, myself and a few friends were part-time rangers fans. my dad threatening me when i said i wanted a rangers jersey changed my mind pretty quickly.

i now follow Hibs in scotland

until i was eleven i had both pictures of rangers and celtic on my wall , when i was twelve souness signed mo johnston and i realised the sectarian side of rangers and started hating rangers.
rangers apparently saw danny mcgrain first but didn't sign him because they thought he was catholic how stupid could that club be ?

however seeing a documentary on celtic and rangers fans in the the early nineties watching the old firm derby on Tv shocked me - the celtic fans came out with the exact same rubbish as the rangers fans 'i support celtic/rangers because i'm catholic/protestant' this shattered my idea that celtic stood against bigotry a similar programme i saw later confirmed they're both full of shit.

realizing what it must be like to support one of the other teams in scotland finished the job for me they hate both BOTH the old firm far more than most of us hate chelsea and man U.

i was always a bit partial towards dundee united because i listened to most of their matches on their run to the 1987 uefa cup final including the victories in both legs against barcelona (w/ lineker).
all this said i have very little interest in scottish domestic football and have very rarely ever watched it.

the old firm are both shit and i ever end up visiting glasgow i'll go watch patrick thistle.

i can remember the time hamilton accies beat rangers at ibrox in 1987 - though i didn't see it. but seeing clyde beat roy keane 's celtic was arguably more funny.

im sure that rangers have worked hard in recent years to shake the sectarian tag. im sure its something thats just carried on by the fans. im sure that celtic fans are equally as bad. i have a mental image of gazza doing that flute thing years ago, if the rangers boardroom had any sense im sure they will never allow that kind of thing to happen again.

I met a guy from Belfast while on holidays a couple of years ago. He worked in a sports shop and told me that the Rangers top was the biggest selling football jersey in Northern Ireland.

It is, Celtics is the 2nd biggest selling top.

55% 45% is the population in the prods favour

work it out :p :)

im sure that rangers have worked hard in recent years to shake the sectarian tag. im sure its something thats just carried on by the fans. im sure that celtic fans are equally as bad. i have a mental image of gazza doing that flute thing years ago, if the rangers boardroom had any sense im sure they will never allow that kind of thing to happen again.

You may be sure but I'm sure you're wrong, unless you're being sarcastic somehow.
I am sure that although there is still a small minority of Celtic fans who like to sing fucked up songs, there is a majority of fans who are totally against that. I am sure that these songs have been almost 100% eliminated from home games at Celtic Park for this reason. I am sure that Rangers fans have been singing sectarian songs at Ibrox until the current season, when the club actually devised new songs for their fans to sing because they had virtually no non-sectarian songs and UEFA were going to take serious action against them if they did not stop singing the sectarian ones.
I am sure that Celtic fans were voted the best fans in Europe 2 or 3 years ago. I am sure that in contrast, Rangers were cited by UEFA last year for their fans singing sectarian songs, and that Villareal's team bus was also attacked by Rangers fans. I am sure that despite repeated warnings from UEFA and the Scottish FA, Rangers fans were again singing sectarian songs in their recent UEFA Cup away match at FC Molde of Norway (strangely this received very little coverage in the BBC and co., I imagine if it had been Celtic fans at Old Trafford displaying sectarian behavoir, there is the tiniest chance that it might have made sports headlines on the BBC News). I am sure that around 4 years ago (long after the Gazza incident) the current chairman of Rangers football club was videotaped at a Rangers supporters club singing sectarian songs. I am sure that nothing like this has happened at Celtic football club in the past 15 years, and that it will not happen in the next 15 years. I am sure if something like this did happen the press would be all over it and you would certainly hear all about it.
I am sure that 3 years ago, black Celtic players were racially abused and had bananas thrown at them during a match at Ibrox. I am sure that around 10 years ago, a black RANGERS player was racially abused during a home match at Ibrox, by RANGERS fans!
I am sure that Catholic Celtic players are now not allowed to bless themselves on the pitch during an old firm match because sectarian Rangers fans complained about this. I am sure that in any normal society, the fans that complained about this would have been told to fuck off.
I am sure that while there is still a small number of Celtic supporters who need to be addressed/warned about their behaviour, and banned from Celtic matches if they do not cease their behaviour, there are far far more Rangers fans that this problem affects, and Rangers currently need to take a far more serious action against sectarianism if they are to catch up to Celtic's anti-sectarian campaigns.
Finally, I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic or not.

I am sure that while you know how to use paragraphs and sentences you have for some reason refused to here.
I got about 4 lines in and then got lost.........
damn maze type poster :mad:

jambos=jam tarts...rhymes with hearts. nothing to do with sectarianism. except that they are, but to a lesser extent.

no, as for celtic not signing prods or blacks???? didn't gil scott herons old lad play from them back in the sixties.

You may be sure but I'm sure you're wrong, unless you're being sarcastic somehow.
I am sure that although there is still a small minority of Celtic fans who like to sing fucked up songs, there is a majority of fans who are totally against that. I am sure that these songs have been almost 100% eliminated from home games at Celtic Park for this reason. I am sure that Rangers fans have been singing sectarian songs at Ibrox until the current season, when the club actually devised new songs for their fans to sing because they had virtually no non-sectarian songs and UEFA were going to take serious action against them if they did not stop singing the sectarian ones.
I am sure that Celtic fans were voted the best fans in Europe 2 or 3 years ago. I am sure that in contrast, Rangers were cited by UEFA last year for their fans singing sectarian songs, and that Villareal's team bus was also attacked by Rangers fans. I am sure that despite repeated warnings from UEFA and the Scottish FA, Rangers fans were again singing sectarian songs in their recent UEFA Cup away match at FC Molde of Norway (strangely this received very little coverage in the BBC and co., I imagine if it had been Celtic fans at Old Trafford displaying sectarian behavoir, there is the tiniest chance that it might have made sports headlines on the BBC News). I am sure that around 4 years ago (long after the Gazza incident) the current chairman of Rangers football club was videotaped at a Rangers supporters club singing sectarian songs. I am sure that nothing like this has happened at Celtic football club in the past 15 years, and that it will not happen in the next 15 years. I am sure if something like this did happen the press would be all over it and you would certainly hear all about it.
I am sure that 3 years ago, black Celtic players were racially abused and had bananas thrown at them during a match at Ibrox. I am sure that around 10 years ago, a black RANGERS player was racially abused during a home match at Ibrox, by RANGERS fans!
I am sure that Catholic Celtic players are now not allowed to bless themselves on the pitch during an old firm match because sectarian Rangers fans complained about this. I am sure that in any normal society, the fans that complained about this would have been told to fuck off.
I am sure that while there is still a small number of Celtic supporters who need to be addressed/warned about their behaviour, and banned from Celtic matches if they do not cease their behaviour, there are far far more Rangers fans that this problem affects, and Rangers currently need to take a far more serious action against sectarianism if they are to catch up to Celtic's anti-sectarian campaigns.
Finally, I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic or not.

haha, that i am sure business was purely accidental believe it or not, i only reeally noticed after.

anyhoo, im genuinely ignorant about all matters old firm. i would have thought, and not trying to be misguidedly right on or anything, but that rangers in 2006 would make the same effort to eradicate sectarianism al least within the walls of their boardroom, dressing room etc. whatever about the fans. are we to believe that amoruso, prso, presumably catholics, are initiated into loyalist bigotry. i expect that kind of ignorance from the likes of gazza, mc coist etc. but surely now the club itself aould like to be though of as a football club as opposed to a loyalist football club.

ps i am sure.

jambos=jam tarts...rhymes with hearts. nothing to do with sectarianism. except that they are, but to a lesser extent.

no, as for celtic not signing prods or blacks???? didn't gil scott herons old lad play from them back in the sixties.
Lol u read thatw rong Celtic always signed blacks n prods, I said it was the 'Gers who wouldn't sign a catholic or blacks

are u on fucking monday drugs or summit??
Or Avernonous got to ya?
did he pay u\?

haha, that i am sure business was purely accidental believe it or not, i only reeally noticed after.

anyhoo, im genuinely ignorant about all matters old firm. i would have thought, and not trying to be misguidedly right on or anything, but that rangers in 2006 would make the same effort to eradicate sectarianism al least within the walls of their boardroom, dressing room etc. whatever about the fans. are we to believe that amoruso, prso, presumably catholics, are initiated into loyalist bigotry. i expect that kind of ignorance from the likes of gazza, mc coist etc. but surely now the club itself aould like to be though of as a football club as opposed to a loyalist football club.

ps i am sure.

Here's an amazing picture of lots of Rangers fans being totally dead-on at the old firm match on Saturday. If you open it as a link you should be able to zoom in too.

34sksjq.jpg

Somebody give me a shout next time they see a Celtic fan doing a Nazi salute and not getting the shit beat out of him by other Celtic fans. It's a good thing Artur Boruc isn't allowed to bless himself on the pitch or the Rangers fans might start throwing Zyklon-B at him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back