Any good books? (1 Viewer)

Catwoman said:
I love Bryson. Notes From a Big Country is pretty good too. I haven't read a book of his I haven't liked, even the one on language, Mother Tongue I think it was.

Ya he's great. You should read 'A Short History of Nearly Everything'..its simultaneously very funny and educational. His recent commentary on the elections in the Times was purdy fab too.

avernus said:
Ya he's great. You should read 'A Short History of Nearly Everything'..its simultaneously very funny and educational. His recent commentary on the elections in the Times was purdy fab too.
Yeah, I read ASHONE - deadly. Didn't see his thing in the Times, is it on the net?

ahwosg.jpg

I adore this book. Its fabtasmagorical.

If you haven't already read it I always recomment Slaughterhouse 5 by Kurt Vonnegut......in fact anything by him(save Bagumbo Snuff Box) is good.

I just started the Dave Eggers.the first chapter hits hard after the preface etc but i guess thats the intention.

Slaughterhouse 5 is indeed a deadly book but the best thing i've read in ages is White Noise by Don Delillo.

monkey pirate said:
I just started the Dave Eggers.the first chapter hits hard after the preface etc but i guess thats the intention.

Slaughterhouse 5 is indeed a deadly book but the best thing i've read in ages is White Noise by Don Delillo.
oh white noise is FABULOUS.

am currently reading The Men Who Stare at Goats.

So far it's equal parts funny, weird and depressing.

I am currently reading chuck palahniuk's diary. Am enjoying it a lot. Just finished a buke called waxwings by jonathon raban which was also v enjoyable. Ah the books.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back