Any good biographies on Springsteen, Elliott Smith, Wait, Sonic Youth? (1 Viewer)

There's an Elliott Smith book called Elliott Smith and the Big Nothing by Benjamin Nugent which I do not recommend. Nothing in it really, rushed out after he died. Instead there's a book being published at the end of the month called simply Elliott Smith by Autumn de Wilde who took a lot of photos of Elliott and was mates with him in L.A. Its mainly photography and anecdotes about him by musicians and friends, etc. I heard its very good. I ordered mine from Amazon in America but I believe it should be over here soon.

I hope there isn't a definitive Springsteen bio yet because it would shatter my dreams of being his biographer.

Dear Bruce,

Please pick me! Tell Patti I promise to keep my hands to myself except for all the hugs I've stored up in gratitude for the epiphany I had the first time I heard Dancing in the Dark.

Kthx.

Love,

Jane

PS: Pretty please?

I'm not a big biography reader, but No Laughing Matter, Flann O'Brien's bio, is worth a read. And I just bought Studs Terkel's autobiography, which looks amazing. He and Bruce are tied for first in my heroism superchart.

I heard Tommy Lee's 'auto'biography is full of tips on how to maximise the volume and velocity of one's ejaculate. Apparently, it's only funny for about five minutes, then it just seems really weird.

Jane if you could research, write and publish the definitive Bruce biography before my mother goes Christmas shopping that would be just super. If you want you can even include a chapter about how you and he walk off into the sun.

There's an Elliott Smith book called Elliott Smith and the Big Nothing by Benjamin Nugent which I do not recommend. Nothing in it really, rushed out after he died. Instead there's a book being published at the end of the month called simply Elliott Smith by Autumn de Wilde who took a lot of photos of Elliott and was mates with him in L.A. Its mainly photography and anecdotes about him by musicians and friends, etc. I heard its very good. I ordered mine from Amazon in America but I believe it should be over here soon.

I just bough this in the states, looks very nice...comes with a cool live cd as well...

that other book is a bit crap alright...

Yes it is.

I found it interesting in that the older interviews he really had a premeditated shtick, a character if you will that he created, and somehow over the years he slowly metamorphosised into really being that character.
A bit like Woody Allen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back