Any decent date coincidences? (1 Viewer)

Dragging this back on topic

I heard about a couple in Omagh who went on a date , fell in love and got married. Only to later discover they were actually brother and sister.

Dragging this back on topic

I heard about a couple in Omagh who went on a date , fell in love and got married. Only to later discover they were actually brother and sister.

They say blokes often fall for women who remind them of their mothers. I wonder if this was the case here.

Did they go through with the wedding?

I saw something similar on an episode of The Bill once. Reg Hollis arrested them for it.

They say blokes often fall for women who remind them of their mothers. I wonder if this was the case here.

Did they go through with the wedding?

I saw something similar on an episode of The Bill once. Reg Hollis arrested them for it.

I hadn't seen The Bill in years and it was on in the gym the other day. I can't believe that Reg Hollis is still in uniform! I thought he'd be at least DI by now. What a loser!

Similarly Jessica Fletcher hasn't aged a bit! Still dressing in the 80s style too!

EDIT

Bless her

What happened to
burnside3.jpg

?

thankfully I didn't start work today in the end.

Still sad that Ian was dead at my age. I don't feel like dying very much

My son Dylan was born on 24th May, Bob Dylans birthday.
I didn't know it was Bob Dylans birthday.
I don't like Bob Dylan.
I doubt if my son will.

an interesting letter in the irish times today:

Madam, - On October 15th, 1970, exactly 100 years ago today, the tenor John McCormack made his debut at Covent Garden in London as the despicable Sicilian lover, Turiddu, in Mascagni's Cavalleria Rusticana. Interestingly, his vocal display was described in the press at the time as being that of a miniature Caruso.

The tenor recounted his feelings onstage to a reporter immediately after his performance: "I walked on the stage trembling, and when I glanced round the crowded auditorium I was thrilled. I did not know what was going to happen, so I said to myself, 'John, we will get on as well as we can, and do better next time'. It was really a trying ordeal, and I don't mind confessing I was glad when it was over".

McCormack needn't have worried, as the audience responded very warmly to his performance, obliging him to appear almost a dozen times after the fall of the curtain. Happily, many of his operatic recordings, the first of which appeared in 1908, have been re-released in recent times to ensure that this rich aspect of his varied musical repertoire will be enjoyed for many years to come.

It is also worth mentioning that in 2006 the US Library of Congress decided to honour his remarkable 1916 recording of the aria Il mio tesoro from Mozart's Don Giovanni by adding it the United States National Recording Registry. - Yours, etc,

on october 15th 1994 i was in london to see pink floyd

It’s nowt to do with me, but I always thought it was spooooooooky:

Dozens of men died while building the Hoover Dam in the U.S. There’s a plaque there to commemorate these men which was placed on the spot where the last man to die on site fell. He was a young Irish American guy who was abseiling down a rock face when his rope failed and he fell from height onto the ground, and died.

The spooky thing is that his death occurred exactly 13 years to the day after the very first death on that site. 13! Oohh!

And the REAAALLLLLY spooky thing is, the first man and the last man to die during the construction of the Hoover Dam were also…………..father and son.

I can’t find anything to back that story up with, but I sweartogod, I saw it on Discovery.

Weirdh huh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back