Anti-Fascism. (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter Corm
  • Start date
  • Replies 61
  • Views 7K
  • Watchers 3
4 people killed - in all of Russia?
So you probably have a greater chance of been hit by lightening than killed by Nazis in Russia.
Actually you are probably in far greater danger outside Supermacs in any Irish city on a Saturday night.
Would this not be something which is actually worth protesting about? I'm sure fighting fascism in far off lands has greater romantic appeal however if the same effort was put into convincing the Gardai to properly police the streets on weekends a couple of lives could be saved.

Dopey logic. Surely you can come up with something better than that if you want to discredit/derail anti-nazism?

its like the whole madeline mc gann thing, she isnt the only child who has/is gone missing
im not making this about her, just comparing...

Odd comparison. I also think that shit's lame, thousands of children used abused & murdered every day, what's the difference with one more. But the difference is that these people were murdered for political reasons, and thousands more are beaten and discriminated against for the same reasons.

Timur was in Distress. They're deadly, real sound aswell. But, like everyone I've met from Russia, mad bastards. One time I'd to explain to them why it wasn't okay to threaten the parking attendant who told them to move their van!?! Anyway, poor chap. Murdered for being at a Food Not Bombs.

Im thinking 'bout doing my LC history project on anti-fascism
in Europe...does anyone know any good books about it.?

kampf.jpg

I'm trying to derail anti-nazism? Here or in the world as a whole?
no but the whole idea that to justify taking an interest in trying to bring one fucked up thing to light you then have to try and remedy everything is pretty stupid.
of course people care about pissed teenagers killing each other and obviously don't want it to happen but thats a completely seperate issue.messy and violent fights that can be put down to alcohol and drugs a lot of the time are a lot different than people being killed for political reasons.

No. I'll repeat what I've said before. It was the dingoes. The dingoes ate Madelaine.

But anyway. RIP to the Antifa heads.

Odd comparison. I also think that shit's lame, thousands of children used abused & murdered every day, what's the difference with one more.

ok, thats not really what i was getting at :rolleyes:

either way ALL of it is terrible,fucked up and sadly always gonna be happening because there are waaaay too many sadistic, power driven cunts in the world:mad:

no but the whole idea that to justify taking an interest in trying to bring one fucked up thing to light you then have to try and remedy everything is pretty stupid.

This is true.

However it is also true that your time might be better spent dealing with the problems to hand rather than elsewhere.

But perhaps you are right, would you like to join me on a march protesting underfunding of the NHS on Steven's Green tomorrow?

maybe someones already said this.these are just four people who the punk/political eirecore heads would have something more in common with
but loads more people have been killed in the whole of russia by present day fascists/nazis esp african students.
and many more seriuosly injured and attacked.

four young people killed by nazis/fascists is bad news regardless of how big russia is. one is one too many.

So you probably have a greater chance of been hit by lightening than killed by Nazis in Russia.
Actually you are probably in far greater danger outside Supermacs in any Irish city on a Saturday night.
Would this not be something which is actually worth protesting about? I'm sure fighting fascism in far off lands has greater romantic appeal however if the same effort was put into convincing the Gardai to properly police the streets on weekends a couple of lives could be saved.

you are compleatly wrong
people are beaten there everyday especially homeless and people who came from caucasian mountains area
theres thousands of nazis on the streets of moscow everyday

i remember the times when in poland was nearly the same.
it's like when you walk the street and never know when somebody hit you with the baseball bat.
i have lot's of eperiences like that from my hometown in mid 90-tees.
there was really dangerous there. they where really well organized and know where i was living. there was days when they just come to my house and throwing fucking rocks on the windows. singing some nazi songs to scared neighbours etc...

i'm really glad that i live right now in the NAZI-FREE country.

This is true.

However it is also true that your time might be better spent dealing with the problems to hand rather than elsewhere.

But perhaps you are right, would you like to join me on a march protesting underfunding of the NHS on Steven's Green tomorrow?
and what about the people who get killed on our roads?fucksake,you don't care about them at all.

Explain to me this, why do Russians and Poles find Nazism and its trappings a draw? Isn't it sorta the same as African-Americans joining the KKK?

I'm not being a smartarse, I'm genuinely curious as to why this would happen.

It's terrible that those guys were murdered and that the government in Russia is ineffectual to say the least.

Explain to me this, why do Russians and Poles find Nazism and its trappings a draw? Isn't it sorta the same as African-Americans joining the KKK?

I'm not being a smartarse, I'm genuinely curious as to why this would happen.

It's terrible that those guys were murdered and that the government in Russia is ineffectual to say the least.

well, the fascist and quasi-fascist organisations that they join are motivated by russian nationalism - for example, nashi actually styles itself as an "anti-fascist" organisation, even though in structural terms it has plenty in common with the hitler youth and similar organisations (for those who want to view everything through the rather simplistic fascist/anti-fascist binary division - nashi also has plenty in common with the girl guides, too).

mostly, they're just mad for authoritarian nationalism of one flavour or another. many russians see world war ii as their great rallying point, and they also see it as "russia vs. germany" rather than "fascism vs. communism" (and to a certain extent, they have a point). so a russian person using the word "fascist" is often more likely demonstrating their own nationalism than any coherent opposition to fascism as an ideology. a bit like sinn fein members railing against "imperialism" when what they often mean is "british troops."

add to this the tedious propensity on the part of some left-wing activists to accuse almost anybody they disagree with of being a 'fascist' and you have a recipe for confusion where the word fascist has completely different meanings for different groups of people.

i thought that was only in cartoons.

i remember nearly getting arrested for yelling 'fascist pig' in a coppers face because he tried to confiscate my juggling clubs when I was busking.

:D:eek::eek::eek:

but that was about 15 years ago so I've got over it now

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back