animated gif thread (4 Viewers)

uhSx2.gif

eh... its been done...
[video=youtube_share;je0NhvAQ6fM]http://youtu.be/je0NhvAQ6fM[/video]

eh... its been done...
[video=youtube_share;je0NhvAQ6fM]http://youtu.be/je0NhvAQ6fM[/video]

Yep the reverse-dolly zoom has been in shitloads of stuff: the above, Jaws, Poltergeist, but I don't think I've ever seen it done to that level of technical perfection. Looks like they used a monitor overlay to allign after each stop-motion shot of the movement.

Yep the reverse-dolly zoom has been in shitloads of stuff: the above, Jaws, Poltergeist, but I don't think I've ever seen it done to that level of technical perfection. Looks like they used a monitor overlay to allign after each stop-motion shot of the movement.

My point was thats its a tried & trusted technique. As far as I know, the guy used several lenses instead of just the one zoom lens in order to achieve this effect. Easier to do of course if your shooting stills. I'm sure some alignment was done in photoshop. And also the speed will iron out any imperfections.
Its really effin brilliant buh...

My point was thats its a tried & trusted technique. As far as I know, the guy used several lenses instead of just the one zoom lens in order to achieve this effect. Easier to do of course if your shooting stills. I'm sure some alignment was done in photoshop. And also the speed will iron out any imperfections.
Its really effin brilliant buh...

See I was thinking about the photoshop thing. It's be grand for aligning some of the points of the central object in a 2d plane, but to get the effect above you'd either have to be super careful about aligning your camera with foreground / bckground objects or use a monitor overlay of the previous image, or both...

See I was thinking about the photoshop thing. It's be grand for aligning some of the points of the central object in a 2d plane, but to get the effect above you'd either have to be super careful about aligning your camera with foreground / bckground objects or use a monitor overlay of the previous image, or both...

My guess is the camera was tethered to a computer as opposed to merely a monitor with an application running some kind of onion peel facility for stop frame animation.

Perhaps...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back