angels and demons...good jaysis (1 Viewer)

JohnnyRaz

where the crow ate the man
Supporter
having seen all the ads for this film on the telly over the past few weeks I logged onto wikipedia to see what its actually all about.

and good mother of jesus...what a ridiculous plotine...all it needs to descend into complete comic strip territory is for the pope to come back from the head of an army of nazi zombies!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angels_and_demons

having seen all the ads for this film on the telly over the past few weeks I logged onto wikipedia to see what its actually all about.

and good mother of jesus...what a ridiculous plotine...all it needs to descend into complete comic strip territory is for the pope to come back from the head of an army of nazi zombies!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angels_and_demons

John Paul 2: This Time It's Personal?

Fixed that.Writes a fucking scorching plot in his books.
Ah, I just can't take him seriously because of the DaVinci code, which I read, didn't even bother to see the movie. The amount of bollocksology going on there, particularly lazy character development, made me hate Dan Brown.

I remember enjoying this book more than the da vinci code although I still can't remember anything about it. I really wanted all his 'facts' to be true.

Oh, and the lead character is so fucking perfect it's sickening. His fatal flaw is claustrophobia, rolleyesemoticon

I remember enjoying this book more than the da vinci code although I still can't remember anything about it. I really wanted all his 'facts' to be true.

Oh, and the lead character is so fucking perfect it's sickening. His fatal flaw is claustrophobia, rolleyesemoticon

I think this looks great!

I think the books and the last film are good crack

Just think of them as factually incorrect, badly written Indiana Jones yarns...for boring grown ups

I worked with a woman who regarded the DaVinci Code as important work of scholarship and investigative journalism.

Jesus the hard work I had to try and keep my temper.

:mad:
9-11 conspiracy theories? Holocaust denial? Far too controversial. Much easier to go for Brown's brand of bollockology for your fix of having "edgy" historical/political views.

Only read the Da vinci code.I thought it was a ripping yarn.

Haven't seen the movie or read anything else by him so maybe I'm talking out me arse.

Plus,I'm in no way academic so my onions would not be not based on any of the concepts of critical theory and whatnot.

sunday hangover books youre saying? personallyi thought they were bloody awful but i still read them which is odd because normally if i dont like something i stop reading it.

the religious furory over da vinci code was hilarious along with channel five documentaries about how true it was. IT IS A FUCKING NOVEL!!! mind you i suppose people will beleive the bible so theyll probably beleive anything written down.

look, i might dress up as a wizard to make my band that extra bit more ridiculous and think the works of jrr tolkein are fantastically wizardtacular, sometimes i even dream of straddling a cave troll, atop a dragons back as it soars over burning villages full of screaming hobbits, but im pretty sure they are not real and i did not stand outside bookshops trying to get bored of the ring banned.

I think the books and the last film are good crack

Just think of them as factually incorrect, badly written Indiana Jones yarns...for boring grown ups

Well, exactly.
They're adventure yarns.
I don't know why people complain about them so much or hold them to such a high standard of verisimilitude and literary-worthiness.
It's just an adventure story. You know, made-up like.

I can't believe I'm defending Dan fucking Brown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back