Anarchism (1 Viewer)

SCIENCE FAUX PAS ALERT
Science is the process where theories on the laws of the universe are submitted to the community for review. (Eat my one sentence explanation, anarchists)
It doesn't govern everything we experience.
i'll have to rein you in there.
we need to draw a distinction between science as we understand it, and science as it really is. you're talking about science as we understand it; i'm talking about science as it really is - the natural forces that dictate how our world performs. we can't yet decently describe it, but it's there. human incompetence of understanding isn't proof of the non-existence of a universal truth.

we need to draw a distinction between science as we understand it, and science as it really is. you're talking about science as we understand it; i'm talking about science as it really is - the natural forces that dictate how our world performs. we can't yet decently describe it, but it's there. human incompetence of understanding isn't proof of the non-existence of a universal truth.

can you sum up the human value of geology in three sentences?

Jaysus nooly! Third time you have to quote me on the one post!
As far as I understood it you were mistaking science for nature. Science doesn't govern our daily lives; science is a tool, nature is what goes on around us. It's the same category mistake as saying that the bright, pure light shining out of my arse is the study of electromagnetic radiation.

The human value of geology? Christ, I didn't know I'd be doing requests.
Brokenarm, If I ever get backed into a corner and tell you 'HUMAN VALUE OF GEOLOGY - LOOK IT UP', you can sting me on that then! :D

I can do it in one sentence:

Studying the past, i.e. the geological record, to better understand the earth and to try and predict what will happen in the future.

No, no. That's mistaking an object for a brand-name.
Like how culchies call crisps Taytos even if they're eating bland, British Walkers with the wrong colours on the packet.
I'm on the ball today, lads.

Like how culchies call crisps Taytos even if they're eating bland, British Walkers with the wrong colours on the packet.
I'm on the ball today, lads.

I fuckin love when they do that!

Except one time on the train when I was eating cold noodles out of a box and this bogger kept referring to them as "Pot Noodles". I tried to explain the difference between noodles and Pot Noodles. I can still see his furrowed monobrow and look of violently confused offense.

moose said:
Depends on what your definition of a human value is. I'd say a better understanding of the world we live in is the human value.
That's more than three sentences and not concise enough.
How are you hoping to attain independent critical thought and understand very, very complicated anarcho-concepts?
FOR SHAME.

I fuckin love when they do that!

Except one time on the train when I was eating cold noodles out of a box and this bogger kept referring to them as "Pot Noodles". I tried to explain the difference between noodles and Pot Noodles. I can still see his furrowed monobrow and look of violently confused offense.

At this point I'd just like to remind you that you are from Roscommon.

Here that's only three sentences between my two posts. Are stoned or something?

Hospital.jpg

I was a blow-in, not really a true Rossie. I blame my general lack of morals, sexual confusion and glee at all forms of destabalisation & dissolution on having spent my childhood as a "Dublin knacker", my teen years as a "Roscommon bogger", and the time since then as a degenerate bastard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back