An Post are arseholes (1 Viewer)

It Will Never Last

Shipped two football tickets to a punter in Barcelona on Tuesday using their Courier Post service ("guaranteed" next working day delivery)

They've been sitting in Madrid since Wednesday night :mad:

Fella needs them by Monday night cos he travels Tuesday morning to Glasgow for the game, but An Post are claiming they can't be delivered until Wednesday because its a bank holiday in Spain (according to Christopher Columbus its only Tuesday)

The dopey bollox waited until this afternoon to let me know the score, I was in Stansted airport at the time...spent 15 minutes on the phone trying to get An Post to ship them this evening, gave them the fella's number to arrange it they never phoned him, and never bothered phoning me back. Of course, office hours only so no contact until Monday morning now...:mad::mad::mad:

Told the fella I'd refund him the money if he travelled and I couldn't arrange for the tickets to be redirected to Glasgow...he says he's not travelling without the tickets. He ain't getting a penny off me so. I'll try and claim off An Post and give him what I get.

Yep. Arseholes.

My post routinely takes 10-12 days to get to me from Dublin.
And I live in Dublin!

Also whenever I have a parcel delivered they don't even bother knocking on the door. They just drop in one of those 'we tried to deliver..please pick up from..' slips.

Dickheads.

During the course of doing my thesis, I came across a report. It was from 1999 but it said that it costs An Post 60-70p to process each persons pension each week. A private company could do it for 10-15p.
I don't like An Post. Whatever about social cohesion with pensioners in rural areas etc (which is a valid point I think), An Post have us all by the goolies.They're not operating in our best interest and it's total bs.

During the course of doing my thesis, I came across a report. It was from 1999 but it said that it costs An Post 60-70p to process each persons pension each week. A private company could do it for 10-15p.
I don't like An Post. Whatever about social cohesion with pensioners in rural areas etc (which is a valid point I think), An Post have us all by the goolies.They're not operating in our best interest and it's total bs.

valid point. you see, even though an post has been semi-state company since the strike in late seventies, there's still a lot of people there who are sivil servants and a lot of people who act like civil servants. and i really doubt this will change much.

i used to have to work in an post. installing computers. the waste of money was something awful.
they'd bought a computer for a chap in there, and i was setting it up for him, and he said to me "i really don't know why they bought this computer for me."
"why?"
"i'm retiring tomorrow".

a few years ago the postmaster from whatever sorting office deals with raheny called out to my house in his car to deliver a letter to me in person. he said that it had been sitting in the sorting office and should have been delivered to me weeks ago and for this he wished to apologise to me both personally and on behalf of the staff in the office and an post generally. He then asked if i would mind opening the letter and giving him the envelope so that he could conduct and inquiry into how this incident could have taken place. i must admit i was quite pleased about all the fuss and attention and asked him to make sure heads rolled but i never heard back from him afterwards.

i hadnt been expecting this letter at all so hadnt been concerned about it...

i used to have to work in an post. installing computers. the waste of money was something awful.
they'd bought a computer for a chap in there, and i was setting it up for him, and he said to me "i really don't know why they bought this computer for me."
"why?"
"i'm retiring tomorrow".

it's not unheard of for retirees to be replaced, you know

i ordered 3 books last year for college and when they arrived the envelope was open and one of them was missing..luckily i was at home so i saw the postman delivering it or i would have just thought some random scobe had opened it..so anywasy i rang finglas sorting office and they told me it had nothing to do with them and i had to ring the gpo..so i rang them and they told me it was finglas..this went back and forth for a few days..eventually i was told that there was very little they could do but they would try and investigate it.if it was found that it was stolen they would issue a refund to the sender and not me..i tried to explain to the woman on the phone that i ahd already paid for the books so i should be refunded but she didn't see it that way..i also never heard from them again after that...pricks..

I had some rare records shipped to me from Belfast nearly two months ago and there's still no sign of em. Cunts.

it's not unheard of for retirees to be replaced, you know
i asked him that. he wasn't being replaced.
another example; instead of buying network laser printers, they'd buy personal laser printers for their staff. i was once in a room in the GPO which had 11 staff and 14 laser printers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back