• Start date
  • Replies 28
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 1

cpr

Pricks....
Website
www.myspace.com
i'm off to amsterdam next week for a week of r n r and was wondering if the good people of thumped have any recommendations of things to see/do while there.

I went two or three years ago in january and did all the typical stuff (van gogh museum/anne frank's house etc) so can anyone recommend anything different?

thanks in advance good people of thumped- like the deodorent sure, you won't let me down!

smell my cheese you mother...

cheese.jpg

if you like drinking, and especially if you like whiskey, do check out De Still, which is on the spuistraat.
if you enjoy - and want to sample - very good cannabis, go to De Dampkring on handboogstraat.
if you want to look through record shops (new and second hand) check out the various shops on uterchtsetraat.
for a bookshop, its pretty hard to beat the american book centre on kalverstraat.

i'll post back here in a day or two with a list of other good pubs and restaurants i went to.

Steer well clear of the heineken factory, its pretty much just a load of ads for heineken and the "3 free glasses of beer" at the end of the tour add up to a less than a pint. I found the hill street blues a nice place to relax with a spliff (the downstairs part of it) I thought the wax museum was great aswell, admission was about 15 quid though. I could be saying this too late but definitely try and book a hostel with a 24 hour person at a reception desk, comes in handy if you misplace your key and are locked out at 3 in the morning, had a rotten experience meself with this.

Go to a sex show at the Casa Rosso in the red light district. It has a pink elephant on the building, you can't miss it. I was nervous about going but it was well worth seeing. Especially while hallucinating.

Boom Chicagos is a really good comedy club in English - its an American club. The canal cruises are good if you dont consider it too touristy

Go to a sex show at the Casa Rosso in the red light district. It has a pink elephant on the building, you can't miss it. I was nervous about going but it was well worth seeing. Especially while hallucinating.

Diddles! I am shocked.
(details please)

you can get get a bus to edam. espially go on a sunday as they have a full market of cheese all done in the oldy style. also mueum plein has a shopping centre underground and outside the reich museum walk in the gardens and you come across all these roman statues rose trellis and drains that are snakes. check out 4.20 to the right of the victorian hotel if your coming from central station, its got a vaporiser and you can look at your weed under a microscope. also reccomend the hill street blues you can ge milkshakes there as well and if you get a chance go to harlem its a little outside amsterdam it has around 10 coffeshops but to be honest its got the best weed in holland

Diddles! I am shocked.
(details please)

You should try everything once. :)

The Casa Rosso is more touristy than the other places and there was a good few women in the audience, even some posh German aulwans. There was still full-on sex like (one act on a rotating bed!), but it was like watching very very good athletes or dancers. There were four or five acts which cycled every hour.
There was a hilarious dominatrix woman who pulled people out of the audience and got them to do mad stuff. One poor drunk fella had just walked in the door and thought she was showing him to his seat, but she dragged him onto the stage. She had him on his back on the floor with a dildo strapped to his head and was banging away on top of him. There was also a beautiful stripper lady who danced to 'Can't get you out of my head' and pulled a six foot chain out of herself. Everytime I hear that song I remember her and her chain.:rolleyes:

While we're on the subject of sex shows, the sex museum is also worth a look.

If you're gonna be upset by a picture of a woman fisting a donkey don't go there though.

that was our first port of call when we went before..i walked around grinning like the cheshire cat while mr cpr looked horribly embarrassed until we saw the sailor thing...so so funny!defo going back tho..sleaze is right up my street!

While we're on the subject of sex shows, the sex museum is also worth a look.

If you're gonna be upset by a picture of a woman fisting a donkey don't go there though.

Did you think it was worthwhile seeing? I didnt think much of it. It was so big by the end I found they were just repeating stuff over and over again. Still it's only 3euro.

A tip if you do find the sex museum is about three doors down on that street is a great tourist office that will give you all the details of how to get places and prebook stuff. They run the canal tours from there - you can take them by day or night and worth a look if you havent already.

The Diamond Factory is crap FYI steer clear. Madamme Tussaus is worth a look but not exactly individual to Amsterdam. I dont know how long you are staying but Utrecht is nearby and a really nice city. It's about 45 mins on a train, will cost you about 15euro return and they go all day really frequently - about every ten mins so its a very convient trip.

Hope you enjoy it :)

Defo worthwhile so much stuff I'd never seen before or even knew was possible.

smoke some soft drugs.

I'm sure you might realise this if you've been before but shop around cos the different cafes rip off tourists in a big. And cafes are all over Holland so if you leave Amsterdam at all you'll definitely notice the difference in price. It's like the price of a pint in Dublin compared to down the country :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back