amp (1 Viewer)

ÿØÿà�JFIF������ÿþ�;CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 80 ÿÛ�C�   %# , #&')*)-0-(0%()(ÿÛ�C   (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((ÿÀ��K�K"�ÿÄ����������� ÿÄ�µ���}�!1AQa"q2‘¡#B±ÁRÑð$3br‚ %&'()*456789:CDEFGHIJSTUVWXYZcdefghijstuvwxyzƒ„…†‡ˆ‰Š’“”•–—˜™š¢£¤¥¦§¨©ª²³´µ¶·¸¹ºÂÃÄÅÆÇÈÉÊÒÓÔÕÖ×ØÙÚáâãäåæçèéêñòóôõö÷øùúÿÄ�������� ÿÄ�µ��w�!1AQaq"2B‘¡±Á #3RðbrÑ $4á%ñ&'()*56789:CDEFGHIJSTUVWXYZcdefghijstuvwxyz‚ƒ„…†‡ˆ‰Š’“”•–—˜™š¢£¤¥¦§¨©ª²³´µ¶·¸¹ºÂÃÄÅÆÇÈÉÊÒÓÔÕÖ×ØÙÚâãäåæçèéêòóôõö÷øùúÿÚ� ��?�ú¦Š( Š( Š( Š( Š( ŠóŸ|P´Óµ¯ìÛX*Ö4Fâòñ RÊHo-9wÁs€¹^[âO²Û\Oz¼£b€izo›’?ÖÍ ˆB(銩¨j6:l^n£{mi÷ç•c™5ò§ñOĺ¤eáÓõëˆ[¬—ڃà úˆر®FóÄúÂÈÎÓøgKvþ8 Žæ_ûù¶W÷Ð ²®þ!øn•íï'Ôggöu¬·añ× •ãë\uïÇ+È2éºt’¦X¼½·¶ÜAÁÂoiOîWÉú·‰®u+!i«ø‹VÔ!¼Ä*±Æ>û6qŽÛj¶§ …†‰¤Ëeî’G’›©ÁµÊ¨`»'÷ãˆÐŸ´†è —Óô÷$ƒo¬×³&9%¡L÷êzþÉêŸu«´&ÌkwžŽH¿‘³ÿ�äZðÖÔncÿ�RÖöÇþâToûéFOçT®'’wß<²ÌÞ®Ù?®hÖî¾7x™–Ýáv·pI¹n<ù.f>áÞÎy<’yì08¯¨<ñkA×ü-§jW“;™ãýì ¤ìpJ¶íHö"¾�^¸í_q| ðe„Ÿ ¼;-ô®%‰å'Ù¤v_Њ�ù»âY“Jñÿ�ˆmïì໺[ÇÛ-ÁvÚŸÀAq×=«˜}~ý6‹YþÅêm#H?ôþ$׫~Ôº+YüL{Åc¿¶Žlž@Øôù׋Ȫ8-“þÈÏøPn'óå2\Kqq!êÎyüÎj#"òģܒOø~e†Kø åuʹòÿ�*®Àõ5`ÂÃïm_©¦˜ÔrIcì:þ?ýj�ªxíšgnG5»¤øsV×'òôM&úù³ŒA K®Ñ^‹áÿ�ÙëǺ¶ÖžÆÛK‰¿Žöpýò››ó€<† Ké_¥~Óÿ�²|)£iØÚm,á€u@ò¯ ðìͧ馡â=`ê&}’vFÌ9˜’Xg¶}@?þÖº1¸Ò4=UŸ"Y-Ý€ìàÏýòß|»%³3ŠO¿aõ¯ÑSN³Õ¬e²Ô*¢º´”aâ•C)ü+/Hðw‡4vVÓ4=:ÞEäH°.ÿ�ûèŒþ´ð¾‰à_댧HÐ/§Fé €ìÿ�¾›Ö½ Eýâi¼Ç‚d~¢¾Ä¢€>~ÐfM ßkkšÍõóJ[¢À¿NwÔW¤h ¼¡í6^²’Eÿ�–—JglúüùÇá]Í1GK(‘Æ£ ¨ ô¤¢Š�JZ( Š( Š( Š( Š( Š( ÿÙ

yeah, you can't see the guitar case there?

I played through both those Laneys before and the DSL destroys them.
If you ever used Damo's amp thats a DSL 100.

Those Laneys are noisy, in a bad way and really harsh.They dont well to any kind of signal change either.
The cabs they make are awful too.

I used one of these (DSL 100) on one tour and it had a very nice sound, good and beefy without being too thin. I think the harsh noisy Laney sound is great though. It's not a "warm" rock sound, it's a really blasted blown-out *whumph* distortion, suitable for very heavy shit like crust, sludgey-doom, black metal, basically rough ugly distorted shit, rather than warm sumptuous rock shit.

I'd say get a good hardcase, shaped to what you're buying, it's a lot easier to carry and store and you'll probably wish you had later on. I've found it so much easier with a shaped hardcase for fitting it into vans & cars, carrying it, going through airports and on planes, etc.

I'm thinking of changing my plectrum size and was wondering what you'd recommend. I use to play a .35mm but I've since upgraded to a .60mm. I like the .80mm's but they don't always suit, anyone know where I could get a .65 - .65 1/2mm?

:p

I'm sorry, couldn't resist. Such prickery!!

Best thing is to try out a few of your mates amps. If you are in Galway at any stage i have a few different ones you could mess with. Just got a Marshall JCM 900 which sounds deadly.
Is that the dual reverb ones? I had one of them about eight years ago, fuckin beast of an amp. So sorry i got rid of it.

I'm thinking of changing my plectrum size and was wondering what you'd recommend. I use to play a .35mm but I've since upgraded to a .60mm. I like the .80mm's but they don't always suit, anyone know where I could get a .65 - .65 1/2mm?

:p

I'm sorry, couldn't resist. Such prickery!!

I like the green ones best as green is my favourite colour.

wha, plecterum, grren.. what couloure.. ehh.. what colour should i get? I mean ampo, what colour amp there a red one whowhowhw whwo who woh wohwowo wohw ohw... ooff.. i fell out of my chair, it was spinning round and round.. no waiot, i think that was the room.. oh no, everyones lookin at me..

wha, plecterum, grren.. what couloure.. ehh.. what colour should i get? I mean ampo, what colour amp there a red one whowhowhw whwo who woh wohwowo wohw ohw... ooff.. i fell out of my chair, it was spinning round and round.. no waiot, i think that was the room.. oh no, everyones lookin at me..

Sure get a green amp too with thedonal written on it.

im going to get RALE ROCKER in studs on the front.

what does this mean (about the peavey 5150)-
Unfortunately, when they created this they seemingly never took into consideration the people would would need to switch from the clean channel to a distorted channel. The engineers had created this so that the clean or rhythm channel use the same 3-band EQ as the distorted lead channel. Anyone who has been playing for any amount of time I'm sure can see the problem with this.

On the original 5150 only had one set of EQ for both clean and dirt channels. However... The 5105 II has an EQ for clean and an EQ for dirt.
The 6505 ( the modern version of the 5150 is the same as the regular 5150) has 1 EQ and the 6505+ (modern version of Mark II) has EQ for both channels. Remember though that the clean channel on any of these amps is fucking terrible. In fact some people claim a higher distortion can be found using the clean with the gain up.
The clean channel is pretty much a lie to be honest. Its just a "less" dirty channel.

no, put VERY METAL

And get one of these:

DSCN7503.jpg

It goes all the way up to 11 ya know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back