amp (2 Viewers)

laneys, i had a laney bass amp years ago, i liked the sound alot.. not sure if there's anywhere in dublin doing them though.. there's some cheapo's on ebay

I think Musician Inc do them, at least they did anyhow.
There's a good few threads in the guitar and amp forum about getting stuff from the states, probably worth a look.

Peavey 5150 or 6505 have distortion like no other. nothing else comes near them. BUT..The clean channel on em is fucking terrible, close to unusable if you want a really clean clean channel. Engls and Mesa are probably the best all rounders, mesa's are better than engl's no matter what anyone tells you but they are mad expensive. Some Laneys are amazing too, Marshall are in general pretty shite. Some of the older ones are real nice though. Fender are nice but twangly as hell. stick with a tube amp though. 50 watts is more than enough for any situation really.

peavey sounds interesting, but i need a good clean sound.. they seem a bit expensive new, and i think it might be a bit dodgy getting second hand online (?) not sure about those offers from thomman, anyone know what the LANEY LXD120 HEAD is like?

I know I wouldn't buy one.
A marshall will cost you a little more i.e DSL 100 or 50, they go for about 450-600 if you look around.
Clean sound is great with a footswitchable reverb and good distortion sound too.
I played through both those Laneys before and the DSL destroys them.
If you ever used Damo's amp thats a DSL 100.

Those Laneys are noisy, in a bad way and really harsh.They dont well to any kind of signal change either.
The cabs they make are awful too.

ok, I guess I'm gonna have to spend some more time playing different amps.. I hate fuckers in guitar shops though.. and it's hard to find these particular models.. did it destroy them, like, physically, shred them to pieces so that they were unusable, except for kindling? ...if so, cool. Damn, more conflicting information, im more confused now, i wish i had payed attention to what amps i've been using the last 8 years or whatever..

ok, I guess I'm gonna have to spend some more time playing different amps.. I hate fuckers in guitar shops though.. and it's hard to find these particular models.. did it destroy them, like, physically, shred them to pieces so that they were unusable, except for kindling? ...if so, cool. Damn, more conflicting information, im more confused now, i wish i had payed attention to what amps i've been using the last 8 years or whatever..

Best thing is to try out a few of your mates amps. If you are in Galway at any stage i have a few different ones you could mess with. Just got a Marshall JCM 900 which sounds deadly.

... more conflicting information, im more confused now, i wish i had payed attention to what amps i've been using the last 8 years or whatever..

Im in the same boat, thinking bout getting an amp too but dont even know where to start. Never really payed attention to good amps i was using... fuck it ill just keep going the way i am, ampless

any recommendations for a guitar case? does it matter if i get a cheap one, one of those square types?
like this-

OUR PRICE £ 59.00
RRP £ 69.00
SAVING £ 10.00

ÿØÿà�JFIF������ÿþ�;CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 80 ÿÛ�C�   %# , #&')*)-0-(0%()(ÿÛ�C   (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((ÿÀ��K�K"�ÿÄ����������� ÿÄ�µ���}�!1AQa"q2‘¡#B±ÁRÑð$3br‚ %&'()*456789:CDEFGHIJSTUVWXYZcdefghijstuvwxyzƒ„…†‡ˆ‰Š’“”•–—˜™š¢£¤¥¦§¨©ª²³´µ¶·¸¹ºÂÃÄÅÆÇÈÉÊÒÓÔÕÖ×ØÙÚáâãäåæçèéêñòóôõö÷øùúÿÄ�������� ÿÄ�µ��w�!1AQaq"2B‘¡±Á #3RðbrÑ $4á%ñ&'()*56789:CDEFGHIJSTUVWXYZcdefghijstuvwxyz‚ƒ„…†‡ˆ‰Š’“”•–—˜™š¢£¤¥¦§¨©ª²³´µ¶·¸¹ºÂÃÄÅÆÇÈÉÊÒÓÔÕÖ×ØÙÚâãäåæçèéêòóôõö÷øùúÿÚ� ��?�ú¦Š( Š( Š( Š( Š( ŠóŸ|P´Óµ¯ìÛX*Ö4Fâòñ RÊHo-9wÁs€¹^[âO²Û\Oz¼£b€izo›’?ÖÍ ˆB(銩¨j6:l^n£{mi÷ç•c™5ò§ñOĺ¤eáÓõëˆ[¬—ڃà úˆر®FóÄúÂÈÎÓøgKvþ8 Žæ_ûù¶W÷Ð ²®þ!øn•íï'Ôggöu¬·añ× •ãë\uïÇ+È2éºt’¦X¼½·¶ÜAÁÂoiOîWÉú·‰®u+!i«ø‹VÔ!¼Ä*±Æ>û6qŽÛj¶§ …†‰¤Ëeî’G’›©ÁµÊ¨`»'÷ãˆÐŸ´†è —Óô÷$ƒo¬×³&9%¡L÷êzþÉêŸu«´&ÌkwžŽH¿‘³ÿ�äZðÖÔncÿ�RÖöÇþâToûéFOçT®'’wß<²ÌÞ®Ù?®hÖî¾7x™–Ýáv·pI¹n<ù.f>áÞÎy<’yì08¯¨<ñkA×ü-§jW“;™ãýì ¤ìpJ¶íHö"¾�^¸í_q| ðe„Ÿ ¼;-ô®%‰å'Ù¤v_Њ�ù»âY“Jñÿ�ˆmïì໺[ÇÛ-ÁvÚŸÀAq×=«˜}~ý6‹YþÅêm#H?ôþ$׫~Ôº+YüL{Åc¿¶Žlž@Øôù׋Ȫn'óå2\Kqq!êÎyüÎj#"òģܒOø~”¬xSøše†Kø åuʹòÿ�*®Àõ5`ÂÃïm_©¦˜ÔrIcì:þ?ýj�ªxíšgnG5»¤øsV×'òôM&úù³ŒA K®Ñ^‹áÿ�ÙëǺ¶ÖžÆÛK‰¿Žöpýò››ó€<† Ké_¥~Óÿ�²|)£iØÚm,á€u@ò¯ ðìͧ馡â=`ê&}’vFÌ9˜’Xg¶}@?þÖº1¸Ò4=UŸ"Y-Ý€ìàÏýòß|»%³3ŠO¿aõ¯ÑSN³Õ¬e²Ô*¢º´”aâ•C)ü+/Hðw‡4vVÓ4=:ÞEäH°.ÿ�ûèŒþ´ð¾‰à_댧HÐ/§Fé €ìÿ�¾›Ö½ Eýâi¼Ç‚d~¢¾Ä¢€>~ÐfM ßkkšÍõóJ[¢À¿NwÔW¤h ¼¡í6^²’Eÿ�–—JglúüùÇá]Í1GK(‘Æ£ ¨ ô¤¢Š�JZ( Š( Š( Š( Š( Š( ÿÙ

there is a shop in town where i have big discount
last time we buy 3 gibsons and we save 600€
all guitar cases was for free
if you wan't to buy new amp or a new guitar you should go there with me. if i remind to them that we spend there nearly 2500€ they should give big discount to you as well.

any recommendations for a guitar case? does it matter if i get a cheap one, one of those square types?
like this-

OUR PRICE £ 59.00
RRP £ 69.00
SAVING £ 10.00

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back