amp (5 Viewers)

D0njo

Website
Visit site
I don't really have a clue about guitar amps, what do yis recommend for a good all-rounder, something suited to most types of music, full sound, etc?? (not a combo) I think i know what guitar i want, maybe i should get that first and play it through amps at shops??

I don't really have a clue about guitar amps, what do yis recommend for a good all-rounder, something suited to most types of music, full sound, etc?? (not a combo) I think i know what guitar i want, maybe i should get that first and play it through amps at shops??
some kind of marshall that doesnt have a million different shitty digital effects on it.have a marshall g30r cd which is a good practice amp,got away with playing gigs with it here and there but its really not loud enough,great sound and good if you just want a quiet amp fro the house though.jamie's got a pretty big marshall combo which'd be more suited if you wanted to maybe use it for gigs, ask him?i'd still say don't bother and just keep money for a stack in the future.

5150MKIIhead.jpg

the amp i dream about

How much you want to spend? I'd go for a decent Peavey, older Marshall or something. But thats only what i use... Get a tube amp anyway.

the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe is really nice, you get a nice bright clean sound and also really good distortion. I think it would suit you down to the ground. There's no multi effects bullshit, just gain and a nice reverb, it's got really nice tone, its loud as fuck and it's not a combo.

It usually costs about 900 euros new if you were gonna buy one in town.

All the details about it are here:

http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0213202000

...but fuck all that technical specifics bullshit!

I used to use one in a practice room before and always thought it was amazing!

5150MKIIhead.jpg

the amp i dream about

Yes, these are deadly.

I'd probably go for a Laney every time...they've got such a shitkicking sound, it's like an earthquake of distortion, especially if you're tuning down. This or this is a modern version of what I have in Denmark:

gh100l.png

The 50 watt version of this might even do you, Christina from N.D.T. uses one of those and it's still more than adequate for venues of 500+ capacity. If you want something with more variation than just nice and crisp or heavy as fuck, you could check out this one below. Dunno if there's any Laney dealers in Dublin, try and have a play on one of these and the 5150 above. I think the 5150 is a little "cleaner" sounding, but it depends really on what kind of sound you prefer.

vh100r.png

I wouldn't go for a Marshall. The sound is too thin and weedy, not enough beefy low-end in it, just a little too sharp and tinny. But that's just the sound I like. Some of them can sound quite good, but it just doesn't have the same "...OOF!!" that I'd look for, but then I mainly play guitar in bands with a very heavy sound. Aside from this, the Marshall sound is so standard that it's a little too common, e.g. it's the Cornflakes of rock music.

Is there some sort of misunderstanding here as to what a combo is?

dunno, i like the same kind of music that people on here post, i'd probably get information more relevant to the sound i like from these goons, and i have! thanks for info's, i've got a bit more of an idea now

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back